Adams & Co. Real Estate brokered a 16,252 s/f deal at 40 Wall Street for Magna. Jeff Buslik and Seth Godnick of Adams & Co. represented the tenant in the transaction. Jeff Lichtenberg, Frank Cento and Scott Silverstein of Cushman & Wakefield represented the landlord, Trump Organization. Magna will be leasing 8,126 s/f on both the 57th and 58th floor, totaling 16,252 s/f , for a 12-year term; asking price for the space was $48 psf. Magna plans to use this space for their New York City headquarters.
Colliers International has arranged a long-term renewal at Cohen Brothers Realty Corporation’s Class A 135 East 57th Street, with the Compass Group continuing to lease the entire 30th floor. The Compass Group is an investment management firm. David Kaplansky, a managing director with Colliers International, arranged the lease on behalf of the tenant. Marc Horowitz, director of leasing for Cohen Brothers, represented the landlord in-house in the transaction.
Robert Harwood, executive vice president of New York Commercial Real Estate completed the 7-year lease of a 20,000 s/f mixed-used property. The office/residential center is located at 128 Old Town Road in East Setauket, NY. Harwood was the exclusive broker on the transaction, representing the owner/landlord, Setauket Investor, LLC and the tenant, Brookhaven Agency, Inc., an insurance agency, which relocated to the 128 Old Town Road property from another location in Setauket. Brookhaven Agency took occupancy on November 15 following suite renovations.
Royal Properties, Inc. announce the signing of two Verizon Wireless Authorized Agent leases in Manhattan, New York.
• Russell Wireless d/b/a Wireless Zone, a Verizon Wireless Authorized Agent franchisee, has signed a long term lease for 1,200 s/f at 150 Delancey Street in New York, NY. David Landes, principal of Royal Properties, Inc. represented the tenant. Zelnik & Co. represented the landlord.
• Russell Wireless d/b/a Wireless Zone also signed a lease for 600 s/f at 303 Park Avenue South in Manhattan, NY. Royal Properties was the sole broker in this transaction.
These two sites will be the third and fourth locations to open in the borough with plans for an additional six stores throughout 2015.
Cushman & Wakefield represented the landlord, Edison Properties, in a lease with Daruma Capital Management, LLC for its New York headquarters location at The Hippodrome building at 1120 Avenue of the Americas. Daruma will occupy 9,562 s/f on the entire 21st floor in the Midtown Manhattan office building. A Cushman & Wakefield team of Gus Field, Michael Burgio and David Berke, represented Edison Properties as exclusive leasing agent. Lynn San Andres of Mason Alexander Group represented Daruma Capital Management in the transaction.
Bussel Realty Corp. announced the Coney Island Auto Parts has leased 29 Mileed Way in Avenel, a 30,080 s/f industrial property. Senior vice president Herb Zimmerman of BRC was responsible for the transaction and represented the tenant. This is Coney Island Auto Parts’ first venture in New Jersey and the company will utilize the facility for distribution of auto parts to retailers in the region. 29 Mileed Way offers 22-foot ceilings, four loading docks and 1 drive-in loading door, wet sprinklers, 400 amps electric power and 25 parking spaces.
CBRE Group Inc. has completed a long-term lease renewal for Active International at One Blue Hill Plaza in Pearl River, N.Y. Active International, which has been a Blue Hill Plaza tenant since 1985, has renewed its lease at the complex for an additional 15-year term. The CBRE team of James B. Tully, executive vice president; Sarah Jones-Maturo, vice president; William Hassan, vice president; and Erin Wenzler, client services specialist, serves as the exclusive leasing agent for Blue Hill Plaza and completed the 96,500 s/flease transaction. The state government largely prompted Active International’s decision to stay at Blue Hill Plaza for the long term, offering the company incentives to remain in New York.
Colliers International has arranged a long-term, 32,500 s/f lease for The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) at Overlook Corporate Center, a Class-A trophy office building located at 150 Clove Road in Little Falls. The not-for-profit membership organization will relocate its New Jersey operations from 22 Law Drive in Fairfield, NJ to occupy the entire sixth floor of the 415,000 s/f property in the first half of 2015. Leon Manoff, vice chairman with Colliers International, represented ASME in the transaction with assistance from executive managing director John Cunningham. Colliers has enjoyed a 12-year relationship with ASME and has represented them in all of their real estate endeavors throughout the country in New York, Washington D.C., Atlanta, and Houston.
Alfred Sanzari Enterprises announced the following leases:
• Fast-casual Mediterranean fusion restaurant Juicy Platters has leased 2,700 s/f at Summit Plaza in Hackensack, becoming the latest tenant to join the retail mix at the Bergen County shopping destination. The 100,000 s/f center is owned and managed by Alfred Sanzari Enterprises. Stephanie Greco of The Greco Realty Group negotiated the lease on behalf of Alfred Sanzari Enterprises. Craig Kerbekian of Hekemian & Co. represented the tenant.
• Nitto Americas, Inc. has renewed its lease for 4,866 s/f of office space at Glenpointe, 300 Frank W. Burr Boulevard, in Teaneck. The Cushman & Wakefield team of Richard Baumstein, Marc Graham and Christian Politan serves as exclusive leasing agent for the Alfred Sanzari Enterprises-owned Glenpointe complex. Jerry L. Barta, Alfred Sanzari Enterprises vice-president made the announcement.
Choyce Peterson announced the completion of a 16,500 s/f lease for COMET Technologies USA, Inc. at 100 Trap Falls Road Extension in Shelton, CT. Principals John Hannigan and Alan Peterson represented COMET Technologies, who relocated from 76 Progress Drive in Stamford, CT. Sean Cahill, who was with CBRE at the time of the transaction, represented the landlord, Cambridge Hanover LP.
Reckson, a Division of SL Green Realty Corp. announced the following:
• Gerald Metals LLC expanded its lease at 680 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, to 4,164 s/f. Steve Baker, Cushman and Wakefield, represented the tenant. The landlord was represented by Larry Kwiat, senior vice president.