The Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) announced those in the running for 2018’s Most Ingenious Deal of the Year, the distinction honoring New York City’s most notable transactions executed by top commercial real estate brokers.
Highlighting outstanding professional excellence and acumen, the competition, now in its 75th year, will conclude at the REBNY Sales Brokers Committee’s 75th Annual Most Ingenious Deal of the Year Awards Cocktail Party on Tuesday, April 9, 2019 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Club 101 (101 Park Avenue).
Awards will be given to the first-, second-, and third-place winners selected by a panel of real estate industry leaders.
“The candidates in this year’s milestone competition are among the most decorated commercial brokers in the real estate industry,” said John H. Banks, REBNY President. “We applaud their precision and creativity in identifying standout solutions while navigating the shifting market environment; and look forward to honoring their achievements next month.”
“Complexities in the commercial deal-making process evolve every day. The dedicated work by these professionals, who skillfully guided their clients through intricate journeys, was crucial to achieving the best results,” said Woody Heller, co-chair of REBNY’s Sales Brokers Committee and co-head of Savills’ Capital Markets Group.
“We look forward to gathering with our real estate industry peers to announce and celebrate the 2018 award recipients,” said David Robinov, co-chair of REBNY’s Sales Brokers Committee and Managing Director of Investment Sales for Ackman-Ziff Real Estate Group.
The transactions submitted for the competition are:
• “Cultivating a Pearl: Re-Skinned, Re-Windowed and Re-Leased, the Shucking of 375 Pearl Street that Lured Starchitect Rafael Viñoly” – 375 Pearl Street, New York, NY. Brokers: Gregg Rothkin and Gerry Miovski of CBRE, Inc.
• “Putting the Pieces Together: How Colliers Helped Evercore Realize its Long-Term Headquarters Vision” – Park Avenue Plaza, New York, NY. Broker: Alan Desino of Colliers International
• “Sunrise on 57th Street” – 9 West 57th Street, New York, NY. Brokers: Stephen B. Siegel and Michael Geoghegan of CBRE, Inc.
• “West Side Story” – 1601 Broadway, New York, NY. Broker: Jeffrey Rosenblatt, The Kaufman Organization
• “Taystee Building” – 450 West 126th Street, New York, NY. Brokers: Shimon Shkury and Victor Sozio, Ariel Property Advisors
• “The Refinancing of Forest Hills Tower” – 118-35 Queens Boulevard, ForestHills, NY. Brokers: Scott A. Singer and Jeffrey Moroch of The Singer & Bassuk Organization LLC
Tickets to attend the REBNY Sales Brokers Committee’s 75th Annual Most Ingenious Deal of the Year Awards Cocktail Party on Tuesday, April 9 can be purchased at go.rebny.com/Ingenious75. For sponsorship opportunities visit go.rebny.com/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.