NAIOP New Jersey, the commercial real estate development association, has announced the finalists for its highly coveted Deal of the Year Awards.
Three winners, one each for Industrial Deal of the Year, Office/Mixed-Use Deal of the Year, and Creative Deal of the Year, will be revealed at the Twenty-sixth Annual Commercial Real Estate Awards Gala on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at The Palace at Somerset Park.
The finalists for Industrial Deal of the Year are:
· Imperial Bag and Ahold eCommerce/Peapod Anchor, Prologis Ports, Jersey City: Jones Lang LaSalle, Broker; Prologis, Developer; Imperial Bag & Paper, Tenant; Ahold eCommerce /Peapod, Tenant; and CBRE, Broker.
· Avidan New Jersey Industrial Portfolio, Edison, Elizabeth and South Brunswick: HFF, Lead Broker; Avidan Management, Seller; CFC Advisors, Consultant; and Greenbaum Rowe Smith & Davis, Counsel.
The finalists for Office/Mixed Use Deal of the Year are:
· Pearson Education Lease, Hoboken: SJP Properties, Developer; Jones Lang LaSalle, Broker; Pearson, Tenant; Biggins Lacy Shapiro, Consultant; NJEDA, Financier; and USAA Real Estate Company, Partner.
· Bayer East Coast Headquarters, Whippany: Cushman & Wakefield, Broker; Vision Equities, Developer Partner; Rubenstein Partners, Capital Partner in Redevelopment; Bayer Healthcare, Tenant/Owner; and Resource Realty, Consultant.
The finalists for Creative Deal of the Year are:
· Biomet Headquarters Relocation Lease, Parsippany: Cushman & Wakefield, Broker; Biomet, Tenant; and Prism Capital Partners, LLC, Developer/Owner.
· Merrill Lynch Hopewell Campus, Hopewell: Cushman & Wakefield, Broker; Bank of America, Seller; Normandy Real Estate Partners, Buyer; Fortress Group, Buyer; Sun Pacific Properties, Buyer; and Skyline Pacific Properties, Buyer.
The Gala will honor the recipients of the 2013 Commercial Real Estate Awards. Steven J. Pozycki, Founder, Chairman and CEO of SJP Properties, will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award. The Impact Awards will be presented to The Kushner Real Estate Group and Prism Capital Partners. The Industry Service Award will be presented to HFF.
“This is simply an outstanding group of honorees, and we’re looking forward to celebrating their achievements at the Gala on May 9,” said NAIOP New Jersey President Michael Seeve of Mountain Development Corp.
The 26th Annual Gala is chaired by Clark Machemer of The Rockefeller Group, Jonathan Meisel of Jones Lang LaSalle, and David Gockel of Langan Engineering and Environmental Services. For updates please visit and bookmark www.naiopnj.org/26Gala. Ticket sales are well ahead of last year’s Gala, which sold out. For tickets, commemorative journal and sponsorship information, please contact Bonnie Sovinee at 732-729-9900.