Arena Properties announced the following leases:
• mermaid’s Garden Inc., a purveyor of fish, signed a 1,300 s/f retail lease at 644 vanderbilt Avenue, Brooklyn. Gregory D’Avola negotiated the ten-year lease on behalf of the tenant. Rodrigo Retamoza, of Brownstone Real Estate, represented the landlord.
• Melt Massage & Bodywork, LLC leased the 2,000 s/f lower level community facility located 84 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn, for a period of three years. Asking rent was $3,333 per month. Gregory D’Avola and Adam Gibault represented the landlord, Citi Group Development LLC, and the tenant.
T. Weiss Realty announced the following leases:
• NT-ware USA, Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of a German technology company majority owned by Canon Europe, has leased space 4,205 s/f in T. Weiss Realty Corp.’s Melville Corporate Center I. Mitch Rarey of USI Real Estate Brokerage Services Inc. represented NT-ware in lease negotiations.
• Ideal Sleeves International Inc., a packaging company based in Willes-Barre, Penn., renewed its lease for 2,400 s/f of office space at 105 Maxess Road. Tom DiMicelli of Jones Lang LaSalle represented Ideal. Craig Weiss represented the landlord in-house.
• Safeguard Operations LLC, the self-storage company, renewed its lease for 1,750 s/f of office space at 105 Maxess Road in a direct deal with the landlord.
CBRE Group, Inc. (CBRE) completed a 10-year, 11,000 s/f lease of the partial 9th floor at 333 Seventh Avenue on behalf of Jed Root, Inc., the fashion industry agency. Jed Root will relocate from 61 Walker Street. CBRE’s Stuart J. Siegel, Matthew R. Bergey and Daniel A. Bodner negotiated on behalf of Jed Root. The landlord, Samco Properties, was represented internally. The asking rent was $40 psf.
Kalmon Dolgin Affiliates, Inc. (KDA) has arranged an 8,000 s/f lease for LET’s International, a carpet and flooring distributor and installer, at 110-60 Dunkirk Street, a one-story building in the Jamaica neighborhood of Queens, NY. Jeffrey Unger represented both the tenant and the landlord, Guys Motors, Inc. in the deal. The tenant is relocating from 301 Norman Avenue in the Greenpoint section of Brooklyn.
Pliskin Realty & Development announced that Jeffrey Pliskin and Marvin Hartmancompleted the following transactions, representing both the owners/landlords and tenants:
• 3,500 s/f 15-year lease extension at 1809 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park, NY occupied by the Omega Diner and owned by WKT Associates,
• A new 3,000 s/f, 10-year lease at 2080 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park, NY occupied by Not Just Lube and owned by SKPT Realty, Inc.,
• A 1,500 s/f, new 10-year lease at 487 Bellmore Avenue, East Meadow, NY occupied by Bagelicious and owned by East Meadow Stores, Inc.,
• A new 1,200 s/f 10-year lease at 2070 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park, NY occupied by Vitamin World and owned by Home Base Realty, Inc.,
• A 1,200 s/f new 5-year lease at 928 Hillside Avenue, New Hyde Park, NY occupied by All State and owned by Kamda Hill Realty, Inc., and;
• A new 1,200 s/f 5-year lease at 480-15 Patchogue Holbrook Road, Holbrook, NY occupied by Curves and owned by Holbrook Associates Development Corp.
• Pliskin Realty sales associate Christopher M. Wierzbicki brokered a new 1,200 s/f 10-year lease at 1056 Motor Parkway, Central Islip, NY occupied by Herbalife and owned by 1056 Motor Parkway, LLC.
Rechler Equity Partners announced 30 transactions totaling 581,504 s/f during the first six months. Healthcare and related services companies dominated the leasing activity. The transactions included:
• The largest office lease transaction completed in Suffolk County in the first half of the year, a 49,000 s/f commitment by Catholic Health Services (CHS) at 110 Bi County Boulevard in Farmingdale, NY. Gus Nuzzolese of Colliers International LI, Inc. represented Catholic Health Services in the transaction.
• A 40,000 s/f deal by Contract Pharmaceutical Corp. (CPC). A 40-year old, family- owned company that develops, manufactures and packages pharmaceuticals, inked a long-term lease transaction at 250 Kennedy Drive in Hauppauge, NY to house its growing business operation. David Rotter of Metro Realty represented CPC.
• AlphaMed Bottles Inc. at 360 Oser Avenue, a supplier of award-winning custom plastic containers for pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, leased 23,000 s/f of space at the property located in the heart of Hauppauge, NY which was represented by Ralph Perna of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank.
• The largest renewal signed during the first half of the year was a 97,481 s/f lease by ELM Global Logistics, a third-party logistics partner, at 2002 Orville Drive North in Bohemia, NY. Rich Cohen of Ashlind Properties represented ELM Global in direct negotiations with Rechler Equity Partners.
• Publishers Clearing House (PCH) leased 42,065 s/f at 265 Spagnoli Road in Melville, NY. The Long Island-based, multi-channel, direct-marketing company was represented by Brian Lee and Dan Oliver of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank in the long-term lease transaction.
Savanna announced that Gregory’s Coffee, a high-end coffee chain, has signed a new lease at 80 Broad Street as well as 100 Wall Street, occupying approximately 1,100 s/f at each location on portions of the ground and basement floors for a 15 year term. Amy Zhen and Marc Frankel of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank represented the landlord, Savanna, in both transactions, while Benjamin Birnbaum of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank represented the tenant in the 100 Wall Street transaction.