RFR Realty LLC announced that financial firm LiquidX, Inc. has signed a new 7,813 s/f lease for a partial tower floor at 285 Madison Avenue, a newly repositioned office tower steps from both Grand Central Terminal and Bryant Park. LiquidX was attracted to 285 Madison Avenue’s high-end Prebuilt Program and amenity package which includes outdoor roof deck space and multiple indoor amenity spaces including an event space, gym with full shower facilities and a bike room. The LiquidX deal brings the occupancy of 285 Madison Avenue to 94 percent with two remaining prebuilts on the 25th floor available. The ownership was represented by RFR Senior Vice President and Director of Leasing AJ Camhi and Vice President of Leasing Ryan Silverman, along with a JLL team consisting of Alexander Chudnoff, Mitchell Konsker, Dan Turkewitz and Diana Biasotti. Matthew McBride of CBRE represented the tenant in the lease negotiations.
ABS Partners Real Estate has secured 5,800 s/f of ground floor, basement and outdoor patio space at 357 Grand Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn for Flip. The technology firm provides apartment renters a platform to list available space for subleasing and find subletters. Benjamin Waller and Mark Tergesen at ABS Partners represented the building owner, 357 Grand LLC, and Samantha Fishbone at the Squarefoot acted on behalf of the tenant in this deal.
• Surrounded by a wide variety of dining and entertainment options, the convenient location in this enclave of Williamsburg has attracted another street-level tenant. Gertie, an all-day 70-seat eatery from renowned restaurateur Nate Adler, which will open its doors late in 2018, will offer a casual, modified full-service vibe with a menu curated by local chef Will Edwards.
R.P. Brennan, a general contracting and construction management firm, has leased new office space at 29 West 36th Street in Midtown South. Joe Friedman, Murray Hill Realty, brokered the 6,750 s/f lease.
CBRE announced the firm’s latest under-20,000 s/f office leasing transactions in Manhattan.
• CBRE’s Brad Auerbach, Christine Lamonica, Christopher Mansfield, Ken Rapp and Ramneek Rikhy represented Citrin Cooperman & Company in a 7,516 s/f lease for part of the 9th floor at 529 Fifth Avenue. Owner Silverstein Properties was represented in-house by Joseph Artusa, Camille McGratty and Roger A. Silverstein.
• CBRE’s Evan Fiddle and Brett Shannon represented Delcath Systems in a 6,877 s/f sublease for part of the 22nd floor at 1633 Broadway. Sublessor Kasowitz Benson Torres was represented by Douglas Elliman.
• Thomas Haughton represented Carousel Industries of North America in a 5,488 s/flease renewal for part of the seventh floor at 7 Penn Plaza. Owner Feil Organization was represented in-house by David Turino.
• Brad Auerbach and David Hollander represented Lax & Neville in a 5,184 s/f lease for part of the 46th floor at 350 Fifth Avenue. Owner Empire State Realty Trust was represented by Harley Dalton, Jonathan Fanuzzi and Paul Glickman of JLL.
• CBRE’s Hugh McDonald and John Nugent represented sublessor K&L Gates in a 17,627 s/f sublease at 599 Lexington Avenue with Navios Corporation for the entire 35th floor. The tenant was represented by Glenn Isaacson of C&W.
• Brad Auerbach and Robert Hill represented sublessor ComScore in a 14,855 s/f lease at 7 Penn Plaza with Cast & Crew Payroll LLC for part of the sixth floor. The tenant was represented by Steven Kaplan of Lansco Corporation.
• CBRE’s Zach Breit and Anthony Dattoma represented sublessor Opus Bank in a 10,726 s/f lease at 390 Park Avenue with Evercore Partners Inc. for the entire eighth floor. The tenant was represented by Alan Desino of Colliers International.
• Bruce Surry and Sam Spillane represented owner Vornado Realty Trust in an 8,538 s/f lease renewal at 40 Fulton Street with RLRG and Associates for part of the 23rd floor. The tenant was represented by Owen Hane of JLL.
• Brad Gerla, Adam Leshowitz, Michael Rizzo and Robert Wizenberg represented owner CIM Group in a 7,105 s/f lease at 5 Hanover Square with National General Insurance for part of the 22nd floor. The tenant was represented by Alex Radmin of NKF.
• Joseph Mangiacotti represented owners Isaac Chetrit and Ray Yadidi in a 6,500 s/f lease at 240 West 37th Street with Teladoc for part of the seventh floor. The tenant was represented by Summit Real Estate Partners.
• Jonathan Cope, Brad Gerla and Paul Walker represented owner Roza 14W LLC in a 6,433 s/f lease at 14 Wall Street with Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer for part of the 17th floor. The tenant was represented by Stephen Schofel.
• Paul Amrich, Emily Jones, Neil King and Patrice Meagher represented owners Ivanhoé
Cambridge and Swig in a 5,923 s/f lease at 1411 Broadway with Third Bridge for part of the 29th floor. The tenant was represented by Savills Studley.
• Meghan Allen, Paul Amrich, Anthony Dattoma and Neil King represented owner TIAA-CREF in a 5,462 s/f lease renewal at 780 Third Avenue with Bank of Korea for part of the 23rd floor. The tenant was represented by Soon Rhee of First New York Realty Co. Inc.
• CBRE’s Zac Price and Michael Rizzo represented Ascot Underwriting Ltd. in a 7,711 s/ft lease expansion at 55 West 46th Street for part of the 26th floor. CBRE’s James Ackerson, Cara Chayet, Christie Harle and Peter Turchin represented owner SL Green Realty Corporation.
JLL completed two new transactions, totaling 9,306 s/f, at 1330 Avenue of the Americas for RXR Realty LLC. The building owner was represented by Paul Glickman, Cynthia Wasserberger, Kip Orban, Hayley Shoener and Ben Bass of JLL. They worked closely with RXR Realty’s William Elder, Lauren Ferrentino, Alexandra Budd and Jack Hord. QuadReal Property Group and Foresite Capital Management are the first two tenants for the new prebuilt units at 1330 Avenue of the Americas.
• QuadReal Property Group completed a five-year lease for 3,445 s/f and will occupy a portion of the 34th floor. The Canadian real estate group is opening its first office in Manhattan at 1330 Avenue of the Americas. The tenant was represented by Matt Astrachan, vice chairman, and Harley Dalton, vice president, with JLL.
• Foresite Capital Management LLC inked a seven-year deal for 5,861 s/f and will occupy a portion of the 35th floor. The private equity and venture capital firm is relocating to the building from 1345 Avenue of the Americas. The tenant was represented by Chris Mongeluzo, vice chairman, and Justin Pollner, associate, with Newmark Knight Frank.
SJP Properties announced that SIR Capital Management, LP, a New York-based hedge fund, has signed a lease for 9,348 s/f to relocate its offices to 11 Times Square. SJP developed 11 Times Square and owns the building in partnership with PGIM and Norges Bank. SIR Capital is exiting its previous office location on the 22nd floor of 620 Eighth Avenue, The New York Times Building, upon its lease expiration in April 2019. At 11 Times Square, SIR will neighbor BT Group, formerly British Telecom, on the building’s 34th floor. Dan Madison and William Levitsky at Newmark Knight Frank represented SIR in the transaction, while building ownership was represented by JLL, the exclusive leasing agent for 11 Times Square, and Zachary Freeman, senior vice president of leasing and marketing at SJP Properties.
NIA National Realty announced the following leases:
• A 2,500 s/f lease at 150 Kinderkamack Road, Park Ridge, NJ. Goldberg’s Original Bagels has secured the space with a long-term lease and is open for business. NIA National Realty Vice President Nina Bianco represented the landlord in this transaction. The free-standing building, previously a Boston Market, is zoned for retail, and situated in the downtown Park Ridge business district in the new MB Zone.
• A long-term lease for 9,296 s/f at an industrial/flex building located at 161 Woodbine Street, Bergenfield, NJ. Nina Bianco represented the landlord Bergenfield Woodbine Center, LLC, a Piermont Properties affiliate. MDR Electrical Supply, Inc., a growing wholesale business also located at 120 Woodbine Street, is the tenant.
Eastman Companies has announced several lease signings at The Shoppes at the Livingston Circle located at 277 Eisenhower Parkway in Livingston. Florian Suserman of Ripco Real Estate represented the landlord in each of the recent transactions.
• ALDI, the fast-growing supermarket chain opened its newest store at The Shoppes in November. Florian Suserman of Ripco Real Estate represented ALDI.
• Recent additions to The Shoppes’ roster also include Fitness 1440, the 24-hour gym and fitness franchise. Dean Tselepis of Newmark Knight Frank represented Fitness 1440,
• Popular full-service hair salon chain Moxie Salon & Beauty Bar. the tenant was represented by Florian Suserman.
• Cookie Cutters Haircuts for Kids. All three businesses expect to open later this fall. Cookie Cutters was represented by Daniel Zappala of Ripco.
Edison Properties announced Bloomfield-based law firm Pearlman & Miranda as the latest office tenant at Ironside Newark, the modernized former warehouse building situated adjacent to Newark Penn Station. Pearlman & Miranda will be joined by Edison Properties, who will relocate its headquarters to the building in early 2019. Pearlman & Miranda will occupy 7,296 s/f on the third floor. Edison Properties’ new offices will occupy 39,709 s/f after relocating from its longtime office space on Washington Street in Newark.
NAI James E. Hanson brokered a long-term lease for 8,000 s/f of office space with Wainscot Media at One Maynard Drive, a 139,000 s/f Class-A office building in Park Ridge, N.J. NAI James E. Hanson’s Andrew Somple, SIOR, Judy Troiano, CCIM, CIPS, and Justin Allessio represented the landlord, Sartek, in the transaction. Wainscot Media is a digital marketing and publishing firm with over 20 magazine titles.
National Realty & Development Corp., (NRDC) announce the following store openings and newest pad tenants joining several shopping centers throughout their New Jersey portfolio.
• Old Navy opened a 14,230 s/f store at Pohatcong Plaza in Phillipsburg, NJ. A new Arby’s will also open at the center with a 3,423 s/f restaurant in early 2019 replacing the former Burger King outparcel. Located on US Route 22 in Warren County, the 537,410 s/f power center is anchored by Walmart Supercenter, Stop & Shop, Regal Cinemas, Hobby Lobby and Marshalls/Home Goods.
• 9Round Fitness opened at Hadley Center in South Plainfield, NJ. This is 9Round Fitness’s 8th location in the NJ region. Located on Stelton Road in Middlesex County,
Hadley Center is a 540,142 s/f power center anchored by Target, Kohl’s, Regal Cinemas, and Dick’s Sporting Goods.
• Habitat for Humanity ReStore, a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center, opened at the Marketplace at Manville in Manville, NJ. The 294,140 s/f shopping center, anchored by Walmart & Reading Cinemas is located at 100 North Main Street (Route 533) in Somerset County.
• Mavis Discount Tire will build a new 6,040 s/f building on one of the two remaining outparcel buildings at CooperTowne Center in Somerdale, NJ. Mavis is expected to begin construction in the 1st quarter of 2019. The 366,865 s/f shopping center is anchored by Walmart Supercenter, Cinemark Theatres and LA Fitness and located at intersection of Evesham Avenue and the White Horse Pike in Camden County.
Charter Realty & Development announced the following leases:
• On behalf of HP Nitkin Group, it has signed a 1,179 s/f Rush Bowls at The Front Street District in Hartford, CT. The Front Street District is a 150,000 s/f project located in Downtown Hartford at the intersection of Front Street and Columbus Blvd across from the Convention Center. The Front Street District is anchored by UCONN, Barnes & Noble, Bear BBQ, Spotlight Cinema and Capital Grille Rush Bowls was launched in 2004 in Boulder Colorado by founder Andrew Pudalov. They offer healthy, meals in a fast-dining restaurant. Charter Realty worked with Brian Zelman of Zelman Real Estate to place Rush Bowls in its first Connecticut location in Hartford.
• On behalf of HP Nitkin Group, it has signed a 2,601 s/f El Pollo Guapo restaurant at The Front Street District in Hartford, CT. El Pollo Guapo is a neighborhood rotisserie restaurant with one other location in Wethersfield, CT. Charter Realty worked with David Dumeer of Golden Oak Development to secure this location for El Pollo Guapo.
• On behalf of HP Nitkin Group, it Charter signed a 3,650 s/f Boiling Soho Restaurant location at The Front Street District in Hartford, CT.
Boiling Soho is an Asian inspired seafood boil style restaurant. They currently have a location in New Haven, CT. Charter Realty worked with Cynthia Teng of Berkshire Hathaway to secure this location for Boiling Soho.