ABS Partners Real Estate, LLC., recently secured four deals totaling 19,416 s/f on West 36th and West 38th Streets in Midtown Manhattan. The transactions were completed across three buildings, including 21 West 38th Street, which was brought to full occupancy by the ABS duo, Ron Zimmerman and Andy Udis. The leases ABS secured include:
• 19-21 West 36th Street: J and H Creations signed a five-year, 5,200 s/f lease for the entire third floor of the building. The wholesale jewelry manufacturer will occupy the space beginning in October 2015. Ron Zimmerman and Andy Udis represented the landlord, 19 West 36th Street Holdings Corp., while Joe McLaughlin of Capstone Realty Advisors represented the tenant.
• 19-21 West 36th Street: ADG LLC. signed a five-year, 5,200 s/f lease for the entire second floor of the building. The company, which designs and manufactures accessories for fast fashion retailers, will occupy the space beginning in September 2015. Zimmerman and Udis represented the landlord, 19 West 36th Street Holdings Corp., while Katarina Sundqvist of Brickhouse Real Estate, LLC. represented the tenant.
• 60-64 West 38th Street: Universal Processing, LLC. signed a seven-year, 4,551 s/f lease for the entire second floor of the building. The financial services company will occupy the space beginning in October of 2015. Zimmerman and Udis represented the landlord, Heskel’s West 38th Street Corp., the transaction while Jonathan Cohen and Robert Finkelstein, also of ABS Partners, represented the tenant.
• 21 West 38th Street: Greenman-Pedersen signed a 4,465 s/f lease for the entire sixth floor of the building. The engineering and construction services firm will occupy the space beginning in September 2015, marking the first Manhattan location for the Long Island-based company. Zimmerman and Udis represented the landlord, Brause Realty, in the transaction, while Howard Fiddle and Evan Fiddle of CBRE represented the tenant.
ATCO Properties announced that NeueHouse, a private membership work collective for the creative community, has leased 8,732 s/f of space at 373 Park Avenue South, a boutique, 12-story, 102,552 -square-foot Midtown South office building. The new NeueHouse Park Avenue South location will be situated on the entire 5th floor of the building. Kate Goodman, co-president of ATCO Properties & Management, made the announcement. John K. Lord of ATCO Brokerage Services represented the landlord in the 10-year leasing transaction, while Elie Reiss of Skylight Leasing represented the tenant. Asking rent was $52 per square foot.
ATCO Properties & Management has signed four leases totaling 26,314 s/f at its boutique Midtown South office property, 381 Park Avenue South.
• Architectural and interior design firm Steven B. Jacobs Group P.C., has renewed its 14,000 s/f lease on the 2nd floor for an additional seven years. John K. Lord, Senior Managing Director of ATCO Brokerage Services represented both the landlord and tenant in the long-term transaction. Asking rent was $65 per square foot.
• A five-year, 10,439 s/f lease was signed with TAMI tenant Choxi (formerly NoMoreRack.com). The company, which offers discounts on trending products, currently subleases a portion of the 4th floor of the building from Keep Holdings. The company’s new direct lease will take effect in November 2015. John K. Lord represented the landlord in-house in negotiations, while Kimberly Krueger, of Titan Living NYC Real Estate represented the tenant. Asking rents were $62 per square foot.
• Design, packaging and logistics firm Big Sky Packaging has taken a five-year, 1,125 s/f lease on a portion of the 9th floor of the building. Peter Goldich, Managing Director of ATCO Brokerage Services represented the landlord, while Elsa Gendal of Glenmark Realty represented the tenant. Asking rent was $62 per square foot.
• Wellness specialist Dr. Samoon Ahmad has established a 750 s/f practice on a portion of the 6th floor. Peter Goldich represented both the landlord and the tenant in the 10-year leasing transaction. Asking rent was $62 per square foot.
CBRE Group, Inc. announced today the firm’s latest under-20,000 s/f office leasing transactions in New York City:
• CBRE’s Christopher Corrinet, Ben Friedland and Michael Geoghegan represented Invus Group, LLC at 750 Lexington Avenue in a 14,700 s/f direct renewal on the entire 30th and 31st floors. The term was 5 years. Cohen Brothers Realty’s Marc Horowitz represented the landlord.
• CBRE’s Anthony Dattoma represented BNP Media at 350 Fifth Avenue in a 13,171 s/f direct lease on the partial 60th floor. The term was 7 years. Newmark Grubb Knight Frank’s William Cohen, Ben Shapiro and Kara Luwisch represented the landlord.
• CBRE’s Christopher Corrinet and Roger P. Griswold, Jr. represented Mark Edward Partners LLC at 505 Park Avenue in a 9,644 s/f direct lease and renewal on the partial 3rd and 5th floors. The term was 2 years. Cushman & Wakefield’s David Green and Justin Royce presented the landlord.
• CBRE’s Jason Frazier and David Young represented Via Transportation Inc. at 10 Crosby Street in an 8,425 s/f direct lease on the entire 2nd floor. The term was 7 years. JLL’s Mitch Konsker, Daniel Turkewitz and Brittany Wunsch represented the landlord.
• CBRE’s Joseph A. Fabrizi and Arkady Smolyansky represented Centre Lane Partners at One Grand Central Place (60 East 42nd Street) in a 7,067 s/f direct lease and expansion on the partial 12th floor. The term was 11 years. Landlord representation was provided by Fred C. Posniak, of Empire State Realty Trust, with William Cohen and Julie Christiano, of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank.
• CBRE’s Gary Kamenetsky, Jeffrey Kilimnick, Robert Kluge and Robert Meyers represented Diamond Castle Holdings, LLC at 366 Madison Avenue in a 6,851 s/f direct lease on the entire 4th floor. The term was 7 years. Cassidy Turley’s Peter Buckey, Nicola Heryet and Howard Poretsky represented the landlord.
• CBRE’s Joseph A. Fabrizi, Michael Rizzo, Lewis Miller, Michael Wellen and Greg Maurer-Hollaender represented Global Atlantic Financial Group at 7 World Trade Center in a 5,168 s/f sublet from MSCI on the partial 47th floor. The term was 6 years. Cushman & Wakefield’s Michael Burgio represented the landlord.
MFM PROPERTIES LLC, owner of 135 West 29th street, The Haymarket Building, has just signed a three year lease for 1600 s/f of office space with DNA Controlled Inspections, Ltd, at the landlord’s asking price of $48.00 psf. Ilan Mosery represented both DNA and MFM Properties. The Haymarket building is a 12-story building equipped with security cameras throughout, it has two new passenger elevators, newly renovated lobby with 24/7 security staff.
Amfine Chemical Corporation and ADEKA USA Corporation – a strategic joint venture of ADEKA Corporation and Mitsubishi Corporation – have leased 10,500 s/f of headquarters office space at Heights Plaza in Hasbrouck Heights, N.J. The Class A office building, located at 777 Terrace Ave., is owned and managed by Hackensack-based Alfred Sanzari Enterprises. The transaction was negotiated in-house by Alfred Sanzari Enterprises. Frank Recine of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank represented the tenant. Founded in 1994, Amfine Chemical Corporation is a manufacturer and marketer of a variety of specialty plastic additives. ADEKA USA, founded in 2004, markets a wide variety of ADEKA LTD’s products. The companies are relocating their New Jersey headquarters to Heights Plaza from Upper Saddle River and Hackensack.
Bussel Realty Corp. (BRC) announced that DSS North America has fully-leased 39 Veronica Avenue in Somerset, New Jersey, a 37,086 s/f industrial property. BRC Senior Vice President Herb Zimmerman and Vice President Manny Judah were responsible for the transaction and represented the owner, Torsiello & Sons. NAI DiLeo Bram represented the tenant.
Les Fradkoff, Senior Vice President of Angel Commercial LLC, announced the lease of a 5,200 s/f end cap retail unit at 521-523 Boston Post Road, Orange, CT to Urgent Care of Orange, operating as PhysicianOne Urgent Care. PhysicianOne Urgent Care was established in 2008 in Southbury, CT by three local physicians. Since then a total of nine offices have opened throughout Fairfield, New Haven, New London and Harford Counties.