GFP Real Estate LLC is pleased to announce is has signed 34,012 square feet of new lease transactions at 520 Eighth Avenue in the Garment District.
“520 Eighth Avenue continues to attract top creative, professional services firms, nonprofits and entertainment-related tenants looking for more space in a quality building. We are also excited to welcome two new food retailers to the ground floor—each offering great options for nearby workers,” said Matthew Mandell, Senior Managing Director of GFP Real Estate.
Matthew Mandell of GFP Real Estate represented the owner, GFP Real Estate, in each of the following transactions:
· General Vision Services (GVS), a leading Eyecare Benefits Administrator and Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) provider of eyecare plans nationally, signed a short-term lease for 13,600 square feet of office space. Matthew Mandell of GFP Real Estate represented the tenant in the direct lease transaction.
· INCLUDEnyc, a non-profit organization that fosters positive futures and enhances the quality of life for young people with any disability from birth to age 26, signed a lease for 9,800 square feet on the 25th floor. Jonathan Franzel and Jason Greenstein of Newmark represented the tenant in the transaction.
· Guth Deconzo Consulting Engineers PC, specialists in designing, building, and refining engineered solutions for a sustainable future, signed a 10-year lease for 4,938 square feet on the 22nd floor. Michael Bolton of MBRE Advisors LLC represented the tenant in the transaction.
· Kyocera Document Solutions New York Metro, which provides printers, MFPs, IT solutions and more to the New York Metro area, signed a three-year lease for 3,200 square feet for its executive and general offices on the 23rd floor. Robert L. Schmidt Jr. of JLL represented the tenant in the transaction.
· Soma Salads Inc. signed a quick-serve salad café, signed a 15-year lease for 1,057 square feet of ground floor retail space. Andrew Taub and Ben Birnbaum of Newmark represented the tenant in the transaction.
· Lazzaro Carved Meat & Rotisserie, a new café serving carved meats, rotisserie, pizza and fresh sandwiches, s signed a 15-year lease for 1,417 square feet of ground floor retail space. Andrew Taub and Ben Birnbaum of Newmark represented the tenant in the transaction.
Built in 1926, the 26-story office tower comprises more than 860,000 square feet in New York City’s famed Fashion District near Hudson Yards, Herald Square, Times Square, Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. The building is in close proximity to the Port Authority bus terminal and provides convenient access to numerous transportation lines, including the A, C, E, 1, 2, and 3 trains, as well as the Amtrak, LIRR and NJ Transit lines.