Alfred Sanzari Enterprises has promoted two property management staffers, announced department vice president Kelly Buckley.
Erin Mays, formerly a property administrator, has been named assistant property manager, said Buckley. She will serve that role for Heights Plaza, a 200,000-square-foot, Class A office building in Hasbrouck Heights, as well as the 68,000-square-foot Elmwood Park Plaza in Elmwood Park.
Additionally, Greg Drelich has been named senior building tech for two properties – the 335,000-square-foot Court Plaza office complex, as well as the 84,000-square-foot Alfred N. Sanzari Medical Arts Building.
Both properties are located in Hackensack.
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP announced that it has elected ten new partners and promoted eight new special counsel, effective March 1, 2016.
The following lawyers were elected partners:
• Zachary Bernstein is a partner in the Real Estate Department, resident in New York. Mr. Bernstein represents owners and developers in real estate development and land use matters. He received a BA from Cornell University and JD from Fordham University School of Law.
• Gerald H. Brown, Jr. is a partner in the Corporate Department and the Asset Management Practice, resident in New York. Mr. Brown’s practice focuses on private equity fund formation. He received a BS from Elizabethtown College and a JD from New York Law School.
• Andrea Gede-Lange is a partner in the Corporate Department and the Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice, resident in New York. She received a BA from Mount Allison University and an LLB, BCL and MBA from McGill University.
• Michael T. Gershberg is a partner in the Corporate Department and the International Trade and Investment Practice, resident in Washington, DC. He received a BA, magna cum laude, from Yale University and a JD, cum laude, from Harvard Law School.
• Adam Kaminsky is a partner in the Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits Department, resident in Washington, DC. He received a BA from Queen’s University, MA from Syracuse University and a Bachelor of Laws from University of British Columbia.
• Randi Lally is a partner in the Corporate Department and the Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice, resident in New York. She received a BS from Lehigh University and JD from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.
• Matthew Roose is a partner in the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Department, resident in New York. He received a BA from Colgate University and JD, cum laude, from Brooklyn Law School.
• Steven Rudgayzer is a partner in the Corporate Department and the Corporate Real Estate Practice, resident in New York. He received a BA, magna cum laude, from New York University and a JD, cum laude, Order of the Coif, from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.
• Peter B. Siroka is a partner in the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Department, resident in New York. He received a BA, cum laude, from the University of Massachusetts Amherst and a JD, cum laude, from Hofstra University School of Law.
• Jennifer A. Yashar is a partner in the Real Estate Department, resident in New York. She received a BA from Barnard College and a JD from Harvard Law School.
The following lawyers were promoted to special counsel:
• Ryan M. Bathie is special counsel in the Real Estate Department, resident in New York.
• Patrick Greeley is special counsel in the Corporate Department and the Corporate Real Estate Practice, resident in New York.
• Judy E. Kim is special counsel in the Corporate Department and the Asset Management Practice, resident in New York.
• Donna Mussio is special counsel in the Corporate Department and the Environmental Practice, resident in New York.
• Ryan S. Plasky is special counsel in the Corporate Department and the Finance Practice, resident in Washington, DC.
• Kenneth Rosenfeld is special counsel in the Tax Department, resident in New York.
• Michael Schneider is special counsel in the Corporate Department and the Finance Practice, resident in New York.
• Julia V. Smolyanskiy is special counsel in the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Department, resident in New York.
ResiModel, the leading platform for capturing, processing and analyzing data related to multifamily transactions, announced the addition of prominent financial technology executive Rob Bender as Executive Chairman of the company’s Board of Directors. With this appointment, Bender becomes the latest in a string of prominent real estate and technology executives that are backing and advising ResiModel.
Bender brings to ResiModel significant experience working with early-stage startup companies and overseeing their maturation. For 15 years, he served as executive vice president and CFO of Axioma, a financial risk management software provider. In this role, he oversaw the company’s growth from a small start-up into a market leader.
On the heels of Bender’s appointment, ResiModel reported a number of high-profile additions to its roster of clients.
The Advantage Group promoted in-house legal counselors Debra Thompson and Christine Favara Monti to executive vice president of flagship company Advantage Title.
Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Advantage Title, Debra Thompson is responsible for handling commercial and residential real estate transactions in New York working with attorneys, developers, lenders and government agencies. She also leads The Advantage Group’s Legal Department and in-house training program educating clients and staff on title insurance and related matters.
Thompson is a member of the Long Island Real Estate Group (LIREG), on the executive board of Women Economic Developers of Long Island (WEDLI), and a member of the Suffolk County Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York. Prior to joining Advantage Title in 2004, Thompson practiced law in the areas of commercial litigation and real estate with Fogel & Wachs; and began her legal career working at First American Title Insurance Company. A Northport resident, she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Rutgers University and a Juris Doctor degree from New England School of Law.
Executive Vice President and National Transaction Counsel, Advantage Title, Christine Favara Monti leads a team dedicated to managing Advantage Title’s commercial and residential real estate transactions nationally and internationally. Monti’s primary focus is on underwriting and closing complex commercial real estate deals throughout the country.
Monti is a member of such organizations as the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW). Prior to joining Advantage Title in 2007, Monti was with the title insurance agency New York Land Services, a subsidiary of Fidelity National Title Insurance Company. A Huntington resident, she earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Vermont and a Juris Doctor degree from New York Law School.
Veteran retail leasing broker Harris Bulow has joined Eastern Consolidated as a Senior Director in the Retail Leasing Division.
Prior to joining Eastern Consolidated, Bulow was a Managing Director in the Retail Services Group at Lee & Associates, and previously was the Managing Director of the Retail Division at Signature Partners. He launched his retail leasing career in 2004 at Murray Hill Properties.
Bulow has exclusively represented a number of private and publicly-traded, international and local, corporate and family-run clients, and completed multiple transactions with high profile landlords including the Durst Organization, Friedland Properties, and Toll Brothers. His notable assignments include Citibank; three large high street fashion transactions on the Gold Coast of Madison Avenue including Isaia at 819 Madison Avenue; and several record-breaking deals for property owners.
Bulow is a native of Manhattan and attended Rockefeller College at SUNY Albany. He is a member of REBNY and ICSC, and serves as a volunteer on his co-operative’s Board of Directors and as a member of Community Board 6 in Queens.
Sierra Real Estate LLC has named John J. Ambrosini, RPA, Executive Vice President – Director of Property Management. In his new capacity, Mr. Ambrosini will oversee a team of property management professionals in charge of over one million square feet of commercial office space, approximately 100 retail spaces, and 600 apartments throughout its growing management portfolio.
In addition to Sierra’s third party management assignments, Mr. Ambrosini and his team will continue to provide support for those assets under ownership by Sierra’s affiliated acquisition group, Cogswell Lee Development, and work closely with Lee & Associates NYC, the Company’s commercial brokerage affiliate.
Prior to joining Sierra, Mr. Ambrosini was Executive Managing Director of Property Management and Construction at ABS Partners, where he led a team responsible for more than six million square feet of commercial and residential properties in New York. He is a LEED Professional, currently pursuing a LEED AP designation, and knowledgeable about energy and environmental compliance. Earlier in his career, Mr. Ambrosini served on the executive team at Trinity Real Estate & the Parish of Trinity Church.
An active member of the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY), Mr. Ambrosini has also served on the Board of Directors for the Realty Advisory Board on Labor Relations (RAB), Commercial Division. In addition, he teaches courses at NYU Schack School of Real Estate.
Mr. Ambrosini received his Bachelor of Engineering degree from Ft. Schuyler Maritime Academy and earned his Masters of Arts in International Politics & Economic Development from Fordham University. He holds a 3rd Assistant Engineer’s license from the U.S. Coast Guard, an RPA certification from BOMA and has a New York State real estate license.
Colliers International has announced the promotion of Jonathan Plotkin to Executive Managing Director, Brokerage Services. He was previously a Senior Managing Director.
Since joining Colliers in 2003, Plotkin has led or assisted on the completion of more than $1 billion in investment sales and leasing transactions in New York City and abroad on behalf of a wide range of clients in fashion, retail banking, media, entertainment, social services, and financial services. Plotkin works in close conjunction with Colliers’ Tri-State Co-Chairman Robert L. Freedman.
In 2015, Plotkin was awarded the Everest Award, recognizing Colliers’ top professionals in Brokerage, Valuation, and Corporate Solutions across the Americas region. He is also the Vice President of the Adolph and Ruth Schnurmacher Foundation, and a Trustee of the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding, and a Board Member of The Bronx Museum of Arts, The Salvation Army, and The New York Landmarks Conservancy.
TerraCRG announced that Justyna Jewula has joined its Commercial Leasing Division as an Associate.
Justyna will specialize in landlord representation of retail and creative spaces, working alongside Peter Schubert.
She will assist in the expansion of TerraCRG’s leasing activity throughout the borough.
Prior to joining TerraCRG, Justyna worked in the midtown office of Transwestern Commercial Services, providing her a base of skill sets needed to work in a dynamic real estate setting. Before beginning her tenure at Transwestern, Justyna was at Wells Fargo Bank in Midtown Manhattan.
Steven Seigel, senior vice president of investments and senior director of Institutional Property Advisors (IPA) at Marcus & Millichap, has been named the company’s 2015 #17 top grossing agent nationally. Seigel joined Marcus & Millichap in 1998 and specializes in the sale of shopping centers and single-tenant properties throughout the country.