The CPEX New York Retail Leasing team, consisting of managing director Ryan Condren and associates Kristina Triglia and George Danut, represented the landlord in negotiating each of the following lease agreements:
• At 833 Franklin Avenue the Owl & Whistel has leased 900 s/f of ground floor retail space and a 900 s/f basement. In addition to a variety of handmade goods, Owl & Thistle also offers sewing classes to the general public.
• At 836 Washington Avenue, a four-story mixed-use building in Prospect Heights, the 400 s/f ground floor retail spacehas been leased to Kooj Collection, a swimwear and apparel shop, relocating from the DeKalb Market.
• At 820A and 820B Washington Avenue, four-story mixed-use building in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn Fusion, will sell its Brooklyn-themed apparel from a 400 s/f, ground floor retail space with additional mezzanine space. At 820B Washington Avenue, Brooklyn Flavors, which sells handmade candles, leased 400 s/f.
• At 98 Smith Street in Brooklyn, a two-story property offering 600 s/f of ground floor retail space, Eleven Jewelry has signed a lease. Barry Frachi of Azad Property represented the tenant.
GHP Office Realty, LLC, announced the leasing of 7,686 s/f at 170 Hamilton Avenue, bringing its 60,000 s/f White Plains office building to 96% leased. Jamie Schwartz, executive vice president, said the new leases include:
• 4,050 s/f lease by The Great American Title Agency, Inc. The building was represented by GHP leasing associates Brendan Hickey, Meghan McEvoy and Kelly Houlihan. The tenant was represented in house by John Hughes.
• Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale, LLP, a law firm, expanded and renewed its lease for 3,636 s/f on the second floor. The tenant was represented by Steven Rosenfeld and Tara Fappiano, members of the firm. GHP was represented by Schwartz.
Newcastle Fabrics, a manufacturer and marketer of fabrics, has leased 7,200 s/f of space for a period of five years at the Brooklyn Army Terminal, 140 58th Street. Lee Winter, WRE Consulting, represented the tenant. Sharone Levy, of Greiner-Maltz, and Colliers represented the landlord, The City of New York/NYCEDC.
Sabre Real Estate Group arranged a lease in Union, NJ, on behalf of Blink Fitness, the affordable national gym chain. Blink Fitness leased 16,707 s/f in the Route 22 Retail Center at 2700 US 22 in Union. The new gym is expected to open by Q2 2014. The center is owned by DDR Corp. Scott Sher, senior vice president of Sabre, handled the transaction.
Charter Realty and Development announced six new deals totaling 24,000 s/f in the Oak Park Shopping Center, South Plainfield. The new tenants include:
• Dollar Tree will occupy a 10,000 s/f space;
• GNC has also signed a 1,800 s/f lease. The deal was co-brokered with Greco Realty;
• Great Clips, the world’s largest salon brand, leased a 1,251 s/f space;
• Inchin’s Bamboo Garden Restaurant signed a deal for 3,600 s/f, its second New Jersey location.
• American Martial Arts signed a 2,491 s/f lease.
• Doctors Express, an urgent care center, now occupies 3,014 s/f of the center. It was co-brokered with the Goldstein Group.
The Hampshire Companies announced leasing activity at 15 Vreeland Road, Florham Park. Dan Casey of CBRE represented The Hampshire Companies:
• World Wide Packaging, a cosmetic packaging company, signed a long-term lease for 18,787 s/f of office space, which will house its global headquarters. The tenant was represented by Jeremy Neuer and Peter Shikar of CBRE.
• Current tenant LGS Innovations, a Bell Labs company dedicated to developing network solution for the U.S. Federal Government, expanded its lease by 4,952 s/f, increasing its presence in the building to 73,644s/f.
NAI James E. Hanson announced the signing of two long-term leases at 181 East Halsey Road in Parsippany. Managing director Scott K. Perkins, SIOR, represented the landlord, Jofra Realty:
• Next Gen IV, LLC, a distributor of Paul Mitchell products, leased 28,300 s/f space.
• As part of an expansion from its other Parsippany location on Pomeroy Road, Zimmer Trabecular Metal Technology Inc. leased the 20,200 s/f space.
IXP Corporation, a national public safety and emergency response provider, is moving its headquarters to new offices in Princeton Forrestal Village. IXP now occupies more than 5,500 s/f at 103 Main Street in Princeton off US Route 1 South. The firm previously was based in Cranbury. Carolyn Sica and Adam Englander of CBRE represented the tenant.
Reliable Health Solutions, a health administration consultancy, has leased 10,000 s/f at 570 Broad in Newark. The Berger Organization, which manages and operates the 15-story tower, recently completed the fit-out of the firm’s new headquarters, located on the building’s 7th floor. Brendan Berger, vice president of The Berger Organization, represented his company in negotiating the long-term transaction. NAI Geis out of Philadelphia served as tenant broker.
Beauty salon La Perle Spa and Salon has leased 1,802 s/f of space at Rutgers Plaza in Franklin Township, according to Levin Management, exclusive leasing and managing agent for the 266,650 s/f center. Levin’s leasing representative Jake Frantzman negotiated the long-term lease.
Charter Realty & Development signed a 21,400 s/f Michaels lease in the Torrington Fair located at 1880 East Main Street, Torrington, CT. Michaels will occupy the former Circuit City space. The deal was made by Dan Zelson of Charter’s Westport office and Todd Lornell of Lornell Realty.
Cushman & Wakefield announced that Fairfield County Antique and Design Center has completed a 20,000 s/f lease at 19 Willard Road in Norwalk to house the area’s newest multi-dealer antique and design center. 19 Willard Road is owned by SIR Development. Cushman & Wakefield’s Adam Klimek, director, represented the tenant.
Simone Healthcare Development Group announced that three new tenants have signed long-term leases totaling nearly 11,000 s/f of space at Metro Center Atrium, Simone’s new mixed-use project. Jim MacDonald, vice president and director of leasing , made the announcement:
• Parkchester Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Associates has leased 3,000 s/f at the new Metro Center Atrium.
• Dr. Eric Wolf, MD will be leasing 2,850 s/f.
• Hanger Prosthetics is the world’s premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, has leased 4,900 s/f.
Franco Fellah, executive vice president at Westport-based HK Group, announced the following leases:
• JoyRide Cycle Studio leased 4,207 s/f of retail space at Goodwives Shopping Center in Darien.
• Alex and Ani, a national retailer, leased 1,860 s/f at 117 Post Road East downtown Westport.
• Eyeglasses.com a retailer with a strong online presence, leased 2,000 s/f for its first retail store at 147 Post Road East, downtown Westport.
• Oddz, a clothing retailer that has a presence in Westport for over 10 years relocated from Main Street and expanded into 2,052 s/f of retail space at 139 Post Road East downtown Westport.
• George Subkoff Antiques leased 1,875 s/f of waterfront retail space at 5 Post Road West, Westport.
• Spruce, a home store, extended their 2,450 s/f retail lease for space at 90 Post Road East, Westport.
• Blow Dry, a salon with another location in Southport, leased 850 s/f of retail space at 76 Church Lane, Westport
• Mergermarket US, Ltd. A unit of the Financial Times of London, leased 2,800 s/f of space at 15 Ketchum Street, Westport.
• Clapboard Hill Advisors and Washington Wealth Management leased 3,270 s/f at 450 Post Road, Westport.
• Triple Point Technology leased 5,387 s/f of waterfront office space at 257 Riverside Avenue, Westport.
• VK Real Estate leased 1,400 s/f at 979 Post Road East, Westport.
SRS Real Estate Partners negotiated two leases for The Tile Shop in Connecticut. The first at 360 Connecticut Avenue, Norwalk, and the second at 18 Federal Road, Brookfield. David Hochberg of SRS and William Argall of Great Street Realty represented The Tile Shop.