Xerox Corporation has subleased 14,000 s/f at 485 Lexington Avenue from the management consulting firm Novantas, according to Cushman & Wakefield.
Cushman & Wakefield, led by Jonathan Serko, Andrew Ross and Richard Serko, represented Novantas in the transaction. Mark Maltz with the law firm of Davis and Gilbert represented Novantas as legal counsel. Doug Neye and Matt Astrachan of Jones Lang LaSalle represented Xerox.
Novantas subleased the entire 22nd floor to Xerox Corporation in the 32-story, Midtown Manhattan office building, located between 46th and 47th Streets.
The Feil Organization has signed fast-casual restaurant Schnipper’s Quality Kitchen to occupy 3,021 s/f of ground level retail and storage space at its landmark 570 Lexington Avenue building, the company announced.
Schnipper’s will open in the fourth quarter of 2013, joining upscale restaurant Mr. K’s in the office building at 51st Street, said Brian Feil, vice president of leasing for The Feil Organization, who represented the company in the long-term lease. Steven E. Baker, president of Winick Realty Group, represented the restaurant. Asking rent for the space, which features 22-foot-high ceilings, was $300 per square foot.
AT&T Wireless has leased a 3,797 s/f retail space on the ground floor of W&H Properties’ 250 West 57th Street, for a new retail concept AT&T describes as a “store of the future,” announces Anthony Malkin, president of Malkin Holdings LLC, which supervises W&H Properties.
AT&T will move into the space during the third quarter of this year, under the terms of a 10-year lease. The location is between T.J. Maxx, also a tenant at 250 West 57th Street, and the remaining 7,591 square feet retail availability on the ground floor of the building. 250 West 57th Street is near the site of the planned Nordstrom department store and office tower.
Steve Baker of Winick Realty represented AT&T Wireless in the lease negotiations. Joanne Podell and Ian Lerner of Cushman & Wakefield represented the landlord.
Muss Development has arranged a six-year lease for Maximus, which will occupy 6,900 s/f at the developer’s 60 Bay Street property in Staten Island, adjacent to the new courthouse building scheduled to open next year. The company — which will provide job training services through a contract with the City of New York — is scheduled to occupy its new space in April.
Nicholas Forelli, of Muss, represented the landlord in the transaction. Sheenah Gohill and Steve Jaray, of Colliers International, represented the tenant in the transaction.
NAI Friedland announced the following transactions:
• Lease of 8,250 s/f at 302 E. Fordham Road, Bronx. Steve Lorenzo represented both the tenant and the landlord in the transaction between City Jeans Premium and East Fordham Real Estate.
• Lease of 1,200 s/f at 4030 Broadway, New York. Lorenzo represented the tenant in the transaction between Dunkin’ Donuts and Woodrow Court Inc. Gus Perry of Stein-Perry Real Estate represented the landlord.
• Lease of 1,177 s/f at 622 White Plains Road, Tarrytown. Nicholas Hrvatin represented the tenant in the transaction between Angel Tips Nail Spa and White Hickory Associates.
• Lease of 75,000 s/f at 46 Sellers Street, Kearny, NJ. Ross Schneiderman represented the tenant in the transaction between Galaxy Switchgear Industries and 28-56 Sellers St.
• Lease of 2,200 s/f at 2521 Butler Place, Bronx. Steve Kaufman and Peter Cokin represented both the tenant and the landlord in the transaction between Lycatel and GLC Properties Inc..
Giscombe Realty Group announced the following lease deals:
• A five-year, 3,300 s/f new lease with renewal options at 272 West 125th Street at Frederick Douglass Blvd. for Pretty Girls, a growing women’s apparel company with 40 stores in the New York/NJ area. The asking rent was $100 psf Giscombe Realty broker Holley Drakeford represented the landlord, United House of Prayer for All People. Steve Haber of Haber Realty represented Pretty Girls.
• A five-year, 1,600 s/f. new lease with renewal option at 360 West 125th Street (a second floor office space) that will be used as a boutique dental office for cosmetic dentistry and implant surgery. Drakeford represented the landlord, the Fata Organization and the tenant, Jahangir Mozaffari, DDS..
Kalmon Dolgin Affiliates has arranged a 4,300 s/f expansion lease for Goldstone Granite Corp., a marble manufacturer, at 284 Norman Avenue in the Greenpoint section of Brooklyn, NY. Kalmon Dolgin Affiliates broker Grant Dolgin represented the tenant and the landlord in the deal.
Goldstone Granite will expand from a 1,000 s/f space within the property to 4,300 s/f at the 19,500 s/f property at 284 Norman Avenue. Goldstone will use the space at the one-story industrial building as a marble warehouse.
Colliers International has arranged a 13,000 s/f transaction at 3000 Eastpark Boulevard in Cranbury, NJ with Quantex Laboratories, subleasing a portion of Ligand Pharmaceuticals’ space in the building.
Quantex Laboratories — which took occupancy of its new space at 3000 Eastpark Boulevard in February, having relocated from Edison, NJ — acts as an extension of analytical, discovery, R&D, manufacturing, and quality teams, serving pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, personal care products, and cosmetics companies. Dick Hecker, a Managing Director in the New Jersey office of Colliers International, represented the subtenant in the transaction. John Cunningham, an Executive Managing Director with Colliers International, represented the sublandlord, Ligand Pharmaceuticals, in the transaction.
Dora’s Naturals, a natural and organic food distributor, has added an additional 34,249 s/f to its Bergen County headquarters, increasing its occupancy to 75,571 s/f at 21-23 Empire Boulevard in South Hackensack, N.J. Located in the Meadowlands submarket, the industrial property is part of a warehousing and distribution complex owned and managed by Alfred Sanzari Enterprises.
Founded in 1998, Dora’s Natural manufactures and supplies high-quality organic milk drinks and other specialty health food products to retailers in the Northeastern United States. The company distributes its own brands as well as Mountainside Farms dairy products.
The Hampshire Companies announces some the following major leasing highlights if 2012:
254,000 s/f to Vira Manufacturing Warehouse at One Buckingham Avenue in Perth Amboy, N.J.
107,730 s/f to BMW / Park Avenue Motors at 490 Huyler Street in South Hackensack, N.J.
85,000 s/f leased to Fillo Foods at 10 Fairview Court in Northvale, N.J.
56,896 s/f leased to MSN Services at 39 Robinson Road in Lodi, N.J.