Richard Cohen, president of Ashlind Properties, has arranged a sublease for 27,600 s/f of industrial space in Hauppauge, New York, for the Display Presentations division of Art Guild Inc. Display Presentations, a full-service exhibition and event-marketing firm, sublet the entire building at 104 Parkway Drive S., Hauppauge, for five years from NY Tent Co, a planner of tented events based in Bohemia. Cohen represented both Art Guild and NY Tent in arranging the lease. The subleased property is owned by Rechler Equity Partners.
ABS Partners Real Estate signed a 3,000 s/f retail lease for Uni K. Wax Center at 120 2nd Avenue. Asking rent for the space between East 7th St. and St. Marks Place was $100 per square foot. Uni K. Wax Center will be opening its 7th location in Manhattan in the East Village (they also have locations in Queens, Brooklyn, Long Island, California and Florida). Mark Tergesen, Dean Valentino and Robert Kempner of ABS Partners Real Estate represented the landlord, 120 Operating, LLC., while Adam Goldschmidt of AG Consulting represented the tenant.
ABS Partners Real Estate announced a 10-year, 7,865 s/f lease for TOTO USA at 20 West 22nd Street. TOTO is one of the largest plumbing manufacturers in the world with 5.1 billion dollars in annual sales. TOTO USA will relocate its New York Gallery and corporate offices from SoHo to the Flatiron District in Summer 2015. The company will occupy 4,276 s/f of showroom space on the ground floor, 1,362 /f of storage space on the lower level and 2,227 s/f of office and showroom space on an upper level. TOTO USA was represented in the transaction by Mark Tergesen and Robert Kempner of ABS Partners. The landlord, 20 West 22nd Street Associates, LLC., was also represented by Mark Tergesen and Robert Kempner, as well as ABS Partners’ Jason Fein, Robert Finklestein and Dean Valentino.
Adams & Co. Real Estate brokered a 5,866 s/f expansion at 463 Seventh Avenue for Knoles & Carter. David Levy represented the landlord, The Arsenal Company LLC, as well as the tenant in the transaction. Knoles & Carter has expanded on the 8th floor for a five year lease term; asking price for the space was $48 psf. Knoles & Carter will use this space as a showroom for men’s and ladies’ outerwear.
RFR Realty LLC announced over 13,500 s/f of leasing activity at 275 Madison Avenue. Oliver Katcher, executive vice president, and Pierce Hance, leasing associate, of RFR, represented the building ownership in all of the transactions.
• Law Offices of Tacopina & Seigel renewed its lease for 3,565 s/f on the 35th floor;
• EnGeneIC, represented by Greg Wang of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank, signed a new lease for 3,565 s/f on the 27th floor;
• OPAD Media Solutions, represented by Paul Davidson of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank, renewed its lease for 2,738 s/f on the 22nd floor;
• Ezra Klein Realty LLC, represented by Gary Kamenetsky of CBRE, renewed a 3,700 s/f lease on the 11th floor.
• 7 Park Data, DRG Executive Search, Largavista Companies, R&S Associates, LLC, Ramsfield Hospitality Finance and Manberg, LLC recently signed new leases totaling over 15,000 s/f at the property.
Colangelo & Partners Public Relations has committed to an additional 2,760 s/f of office at 1010 Avenue of the Americas. The PR agency focusing on the premium food, wine, spirits and lifestyle industries relocated its headquarters from 26 West 23rd Street less than two years ago, originally inking a lease for 3,400 s/f. Elliot Zelinger of Savitt Partners represented Colangelo & Partners in both the original lease transaction, as well as the expansion deal. Michael Dubin, also with Savitt Partners, acted on behalf of the building ownership, 1010 Sixth Associates, LLC.
Colliers International has arranged a long-term, 7,318-s/f lease for global risk management and regulatory compliance solutions provider Lombard Risk, at 205 Lexington Avenue. The London-based company, which serves the financial services industry and large corporations, will relocate and merge its current New York office on Fifth Avenue with its Newark, New Jersey office, bringing the two teams together to occupy the full 14th floor of the 19-story, 121,000 s/f office building next month. Kelly Broderick, managing director at Colliers, along with executive managing director, David Glassman, represented the tenant. David Hoffman, Jr., Christy Colley, and Bryan Boisi, of DTZ, represented the landlord, The Somerset Group, in the transaction.
The Business Council of Westchester has moved its headquarters from Corporate Park Drive in White Plains to 800 Westchester Avenue in Rye Brook where it is leasing approximately 4,400 s/f of office space. Amenities at 800 Westchester Avenue include a fitness center, cafeteria, conference center and indoor parking. Originally built as General Food’s worldwide headquarters in the 1980s, the 532,568 s/f complex is owned by RPW Group.
Sabre Real Estate Group arranged a lease in North Babylon for Denny’s, one of the largest full service restaurant chains in America. Denny’s will occupy 4,000 s/f in the Stables Garden Shopping Center, 1143 Deer Park Avenue. Greg Batista, vice president, closed the deal and fully represented Denny’s. Denny’s, represented by Batista, is still looking to expand over the next several years throughout the Long Island area.
Royal Properties, Inc. announced the following leases:
• Sherwin-Williams has signed a ten year lease for 3,200 s/f at the newly developed strip center located at 32 – 36 Route 9W in West Haverstraw, New York. John Williams, Senior Vice President at Royal Properties, Inc., represented the landlord and the tenant in this transaction.
• Papa John’s Pizza has signed a ten year lease with two five year options for a 1,300 s/f stand-alone building at 1131 Ulster Avenue (Route 9W) in Kingston, NY, across from the Hudson Valley Mall. Scott Meshil and Craig Benson of Royal Properties, Inc. represented both the tenant and landlord in this transaction.
• Mixology Clothing Company has leased 1,200 s/f at 45 Spencer Place in Scarsdale, New York. Mixology now has 6 locations throughout New York. David Landes, Principal of Royal Properties, Inc., represented Mixology in this transaction. Pam Bren Goldschmidt of Goldschmidt & Associates represented the Landlord in this transaction.
The Goldstein Group announced the relocation of Columbia Bank from Bergen Town Center to 110 Route 4 in Paramus, NJ. Columbia Bank will occupy a 3,200 s/f end cap unit at the newly constructed property which is located in the heart of the Paramus retail market. Neil Goldstein, principal, and Greg Panayoti, sales associate at The Goldstein Group, represented the tenant and the landlord, 110 Route 4 East LLC, in the transaction.
Tuesday Morning, an off-price retailer of decorative home accessories, is set to join the tenant mix at Paramus Place in Paramus, New Jersey. The retailer has leased 15,000 s/f of space at the 261,000-square-foot shopping center, announced Levin Management, the property’s managing and leasing agent. Levin’s Senior Leasing Representative Jake Frantzman negotiated the long-term lease. Marta Villa of CBRE represented the tenant in the transaction. Retail availabilities at Paramus Place include one 41,300
Phillips Edison & Company announced that Hibbett Sporting Goods, Inc. has signed a 4,752 s/f lease at Upper Deerfield Plaza in Bridgeton, their first store in New Jersey. In business since 1945, Hibbett Sporting Goods, Inc. operates more than 950 sporting goods stores. Jim Farmer, Regional Vice President, Leasing, for Phillips Edison & Company, made the announcement.
New Jersey Dance Theatre Ensemble has signed a lease for a new training facility at 315 Springfield Avenue in Summit, NJ. Winick Realty Group NJ Senior Vice President Daniel Spector and his associate Susan Preisler represented the New Jersey Dance Theatre Ensemble, working with artistic director Nancy Turano, herself an alumna of the New Jersey Dance Theatre Ensemble, to find the ideal location. The 8,800 s/f built-to-suit space is currently under construction with an anticipated summer 2015 opening. Landlord RBP Associates c/o Bassett Associates was represented by George Paras and Marika Paras of Paras & Paras.
Royal Properties, Inc., d/b/a RPI, Inc. in New Jersey, announced the opening of two Verizon Wireless Authorized Agent stores in Sayreville and Kearny:
• Diamond Wireless, LLC has opened its Premium Retailer store at 963 Route 9 North in Sayreville, NJ. Farron Roboff of Royal Properties, Inc. negotiated directly with the landlord on behalf of Diamond Wireless.
• ABC Phones of NC Management has opened its A Wireless, Verizon Premium Retailer store in the Walmart Center on Harrison Avenue in Kearny, NJ. Verizon Wireless took a 2,500 s/f end cap position and is located directly across from the new 178,000 s/f Walmart. Farron Roboff of Royal Properties, Inc. represented the tenant. The Goldstein Group represented the landlord.
DTZ brokered a three-year, 3,509 s/f office lease for Johnnie-O, a California-based lifestyle brand, at ClearRock Properties’ 75 Holly Hill Lane in Greenwich. Johnnie-O, launched in 2004 and renowned for its “west coast preppy” style, offers a wide range of apparel options for men, women and children. As the brand continues to increase its Northeast presence, Johnnie-O will use its space on the third floor to house the company’s regional sales office. The Class A building offers Johnnie-O the opportunity to quickly move into a state-of-the art, pre-built space. DTZ’s Edward Kent and Managing Director Michael Norris brokered the transaction on behalf of the building owners, ClearRock Properties and Artemis Real Estate Partners. Matthew Torrance, Senior Associate of RHYS Commercial, represented Johnnie-O.