The awards will be presented on April 23rd at the annual cocktail party of the Sales Brokers Committee at the 101 Club.
Nineteen of 2012’s most creative deals — completed by 37 real estate dealmakers — are competing for REBNY’s first, second and third place prizes.
Winners will be judged in the categories of finance, leasing, and sales by a panel of industry leaders. The honors are presented to the dealmakers that demonstrate the most ingenuity, creativity and professional skill.
The Henry Hart Rice Award, which memorializes Henry Hart Rice, a Most Ingenious Deal of the Year Award winner and five-time Robert T. Lawrence Award recipient, will be presented to the first-place winner. The Robert T. Lawrence Award is the second place award and the Edward S. Gordon Award is the third place award.
The Submissions are:
20 East End Avenue, NYC. “Not a Taxing Matter”: Creating a Tax-Exempt Leasehold Condominium While Selling an Owned Tax-Exempt Asset and Liberating $60 Million Brokers: Ira Schuman, Daniel O. Horowitz, & David Carlos, Studley, Inc.
• 88 Leonard Street, NYC. “The Sale of 88 Leonard Street” Brokers: Helen Hwang & Nat Rockett, Cushman & Wakefield
• 3 Columbus Circle, NYC. “Ending the “Mad Men” Era on Madison: A Transformative Deal for Y&R at 3 Columbus Circle.” Brokers: Mary Ann Tighe & Gregory Tosko, CBRE, Inc.
• 144 Spring Street, NYC. “Soho Corner’s Winding Road: From Flea Market to Flagship – 144 Spring Street, New York, NY.” Brokers: Christopher Owles, Sinvin Realty, LLC
• 525 Broadway, NYC. “525 Broadway Comes Full Circle – Back to its Original Owner.” Brokers: Alan S. Cohen & Gregg L. Schenker, ABS Partners Real Estate, LLC
LEASE: 101 Avenue of the Americas, NYC. “Solving the Genome Puzzle – The Long Road to 101 Avenue of the Americas.” Brokers: Bill Harvey & Daniel Segal, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank.
• 1301 Avenue of the Americas, NYC. “Creating Space & Competition – Chadbourne & Parke’s Lease at 1301 Avenue of the Americas.” Brokers: Moshe Sukenik, Barry Gosin & Chris Mongeluzo, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
• 11 Times Square, NYC. “Blazing a Path to Times Square West – 11 Times Square.” Brokers: Mitchell Konsker, Paul Glickman & Matthew Astrachan, Jones Lang LaSalle.
• 33 Beekman Street, NYC. “Keeping Up With the Pace: Custom-Built State-of-the-Art Student Housing From the Ground Up – 33 Beekman St.” Broker: David A. Falk & Kyle J. Ciminelli, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
• 200, 205 Hudson Street, 200 Madison Avenue, NYC “Moving Havas into the Digital Age – Through Bricks & Mortar.” Brokers: David A. Falk, Jason T. Greenstein, & Frank Kajon, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
• One New York Plaza, NYC. “Morgan Stanley Lease – One New York Plaza.” Brokers: Barry M. Gosin, Brian S. Waterman, & Romel Canete, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank.
• 1515 Broadway, NYC. “Viacom’s Monumental Renewal at 1515 Broadway.” Brokers: Michael R. Laginestra, Scott L. Gottlieb, & Andrew J. Sussman, CBRE, Inc.
• 7 Times Square, NYC. “Musical Chairs in Times Square – 7 Times Square.” Brokers: Ben Friedland & Silvio Petriello, CBRE, Inc.
• One New York Plaza, NYC. “1.2M SQ FT Morgan Stanley Lease at One New York Plaza” Brokers: Duncan McCuaig, Brookfield Properties.
FINANCE: 837 Washington Street, NYC “837 Washington Street Financing.” Brokers: Evan Pariser, HFF
• 50 Oceana Drive West, NYC “Brighton Beach Memoirs – 50 Oceana Drive West, Brighton Beach.” Brokers: Scott A. Singer & Jeffrey Moroch, The Singer & Bassuk Organization.
• 1515 Broadway, NYC. “1515 Broadway Financing.” Brokers: Whitney Wilcox & Michael Tepedino, HFF
• 452 Fifth Avenue, NYC “HSBC Tower Refinancing.” Brokers: Shawn Rosenthal, The Ackman-Ziff Real Estate Group, LLC
• 542-580 Second Avenue, NYC “Kips Bay – 542-580 Second Avenue, New York.” Brokers: Chris Lama, NY Urban
For reservations to attend the awards cocktail party, contact Desiree Jones at email@example.com.