Coldwell Banker Real Estate announced an industry first with the debut of the Coldwell Banker® Online International Real Estate Film Festival that will run from Monday, Sept. 9 through Sept. 27 via Coldwellbanker.com, with the videos also appearing on the Coldwell Banker® On LocationSM YouTube channel.
The brand’s online film festival is three-week event showcasing a compilation of professionally produced and consumer-generated videos — all uniquely focused on the significance and meaning of what makes a house a home.
The Coldwell Banker Online Real Estate Film Festival will present the top 10 films from the recently concluded Coldwell Banker / MOFILM global competition, which showcase the “value of a home” as seen through the eyes of filmmakers from around the world, including India, Brazil, Mexico, China and the United States.
The top 10 films from this competition will be shown in descending order, with one new film posted every weekday at 11:00am ESTonline each business day beginning Sept. 9.
“Videos have a powerful way of providing a glimpse into the special role our homes play in all of our lives,” said Sean Blankenship, senior vice president of marketing at Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. “It’s why for generations, we’ve made home movies; first with video recorders, then with flip phones, and now with our smartphone devices at the touch of a button. For the first time, Coldwell Banker is hosting the first-ever online international film festival to showcase worldwide just what home really means to consumers and even amateur filmmakers across the world.”
Following the airing of “Ghar,” the MOFILM winning film made by Aashini Shah from Ahmedabad, India, which explores the emotions of a young couple making a cultural break from the tradition of living with their extended family, the online film festival also will feature two new properties from the Coldwell Banker “World’s Most Expensive Homes” video series.
The online film festival will conclude in the last week of September with the unveiling of the top three consumer-generated videos from Coldwell Banker’s recently launched “Life, Camera, Action” YouTube Contest that remains open until Sept. 22, with the winning entrant earning a $25,000 grand prize that will be announced on Sept. 27, the final day of the film festival.
The Coldwell Banker Online International Real Estate Film Festival schedule is as follows:
· Sept. 9: #10 MOFILM video (UAE) – The Emirati Home
· Sept. 10: #9 MOFILM video (Brazil) – Aduato in the Woods
· Sept. 11: #8 MOFILM video (USA) – Watson
· Sept. 12: #7 MOFILM video (South Africa) – At Home in the Rainbow Nation
· Sept. 13: #6 MOFILM video (Portugal) – Home is…
· Sept. 16: #5 MOFILM video (Brazil) – Where Your Best Memories Live
· Sept. 17: #4 MOFILM video (China) – We Are Together
· Sept. 18: #3 MOFILM video (Mexico) – I’m Home
· Sept. 19: #2 MOFILM video (India) – Bricks of Love
· Sept. 20: #1 MOFILM video (India) – Ghar (Grand Prize Winner)
· Sept. 23: Special Showing of World’s Most Expensive Homes, Virgin Islands
· Sept. 24: Special Showing of World’s Most Expensive Homes, Napa, Calif.
· Sept. 25: #3 Life, Camera, Action consumer video
· Sept. 26: #2 Life, Camera, Action consumer video
· Sept. 27: #1 Life, Camera, Action consumer video (Grand Prize Winner)
For more information about the Coldwell Banker® International Real Estate Online Film Festival and to catch the release of each video and filmmaker commentary, please visit films.coldwellbanker.com.