The Greater New York Construction User Council (GNYCUC) hosted its 2014 Chairman’s Reception in Equity Office’s retail space, The Retail @ 5 Bryant Park. GNYCUC honored Jay Badame, President and Chief Operating Officer of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Mid-Atlantic operations at Tishman Construction Corporation, as well as New York City’s top construction projects of 2014. More than 250 New York City construction industry developers, owners and managers attended the event.
The ceremony recognized Mr. Badame for his exceptional leadership and dedication to quality development throughout the New York City area. With over 30 years of extensive construction industry experience, Mr. Badame played a key role in Tishman Construction Corporation’s expansion on the east coast, and has helped establish the firm as a leader in New York City’s construction market.
In addition, GNYCUC honored exceptional construction projects of 2014 that included:
- Sports Arena: Madison Square Garden
- Higher Education: CUNY Advanced Science Research Center
- Infrastructure: Delta Air Line’s Terminal 4 Headhouse at JFK International Airport
- Healthcare: Gouverneur Healthcare Services modernization
- Recreational: LeFrak Lakeside Center at Prospect Park
- Mixed Use: Gotham West Market
- Hospitality Project: 1717 Broadway, Residence Inn and Courtyard by Marriott
- Commercial/Office Building: The Cubes at 120 West 42nd Street
- Public Space: Brookfield Place Entry Pavilion