Related Companies today announced a partnership with New York Cares to create donation sites for the 2012 New York Cares Coat Drive in prominent retail locations in New York City and New Jersey. Beginning today, Manhattan’s Time Warner Center, the Bronx Terminal Market, the College Point Retail Center in Queens, the Gateway Shopping Center in Brooklyn and the Clifton Commons Mall in Clifton, New Jersey will offer the opportunity to donate new or gently-used coats. Donations will be accepted at all locations through December 31, 2012.
“Related is proud to partner with NY Cares on their 2012 Coat Drive,” said Related Companies Founder and Chairman Stephen M. Ross. “We are committed to helping communities and neighbors still recovering from the storm. Time Warner Center and our multiple retail locations will serve as convenient venues for any New York and New Jersey resident interested in donating a coat.”
New York Cares collected a total of 78,000 coats in 2011. But this year, Hurricane Sandy created much greater demand and New York Cares is looking to collect a record 200,000 by the end of the year – 50,000 of which are needed immediately for New Yorkers in Staten Island, the Rockaways and other neighborhoods hit hardest by the storm.
Donation boxes can be found at:
· The Guest Services Desk on the ground floor of The Shops at Columbus Circle in Time Warner Center in Manhattan
· The Raymour & Flanigan store in the Bronx Terminal Market on Exterior Street in the Bronx
· T.J.Maxx in the College Point Retail Center on 20th Avenue in Queens
· The Staples store in the Gateway Shopping Center in East New York, Brooklyn
· Chevys restaurant and the Sports Authority store in the Clifton Commons along Route 3 East in Clifton, New Jersey
In addition to creating public drop-off locations at its retail locations, Related will also coordinate donations from its employees at the Time Warner Center and midtown offices. Last week, Stephen Ross, the Miami Dolphins and Related Companies donated $500,000 to the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York to support Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
For more information on how to donate to New York Cares, please visit: www.newyorkcares.org. For more information on Related, visit www.Related.com.