Helmsley Spear has brokered a new retail lease in FiDi, totaling 4,170 s/f at 83 Maiden Lane with the restaurant and brewery known as MezCali.
Kent M. Swig, president of Helmsley Spear, Andrew Simon and Brett Zelner of Helmsley Spear represented the landlord, AHRC NYC in this lease, and Manu Wendum and Lee Block of Winnick represented the tenant. The 20-year lease includes the ground floor and a portion of the basement.
Helmsley Spear serves as the exclusive leasing and managing agent on behalf of AHRC NYC, the owner of 83 Maiden Lane, a 170,000 s/f commercial office building.
LSL Advisors announced the following leases:
• MiddleGround Capital leased 2,755 s/f of office space at 200 Varick Street. Joel Kubie and Daniel Lolai of LSL Advisors represented MiddleGround Capital. Donna Vogal handled the deal in house for GFP Real Estate.
• Pride Publishing subleased 5,214 s/f of office space at 215 West 40th Street. Wayne Siegel and Eric Siegel of LSL Advisors represented Pride Publishing, Jack Cohen of Space Commercial represented the sublandlord, Lot 18.
• Production company F*ck Jerry sub-leased 5,500 s/f of office space at 520 Broadway from Finish TV Inc. Michael Hymowitz and Daniel Lolai of LSL Advisors represented Finish TV. Douglas Shalom represented F*ck Jerry.
• Datat scientits Aptiviti, Inc. leased 5,286 s/f at 145 West 28th Street. Wayne Siegel and Eric Siegel of LSL Advisors represented Aptiviti. Christel Engel of Colliers International represented the landlord, the Kash Group.
• Precision Medicine leased 3,300 s/f at 80 Maiden Lane. Joel Kubie, Eric Shifflett and Daniel Lolai of LSL Advisors represented Precision Medicine, Paul Wasserman handled the deal in house for AM Property.
MCRE announced the following leases:
• Burger Inc. will open its second NYC location at 135 North Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The company, which operates a Chelsea outpost, signed a 10-year lease for 1,000 s/f of retail space at $120 psf. Max Lu of MCRE represented the landlord. Jeff Goncalves, MCRE, represented the tenant.
• A new casual dim sum restaurant signed a 1,000 s/f lease for retail space at 135 North 5th Street. Asking rent in the 10-year deal was $120 psf. Max Lu represented the landlord and the tenant.
• Jeff Goncalves brokered a long-term lease for 3,000 s/f at 1489 Fulton Street in Williamsburg for a new retaurant, bar and event space. Asking rent was $48 psf.
• A fast casual burger restaurant will build out the space at 400 Troutman Street in Bushwick neighborhood. Max Lu represented the landlord and the tenant in the 1,000 s/f lease. Asking rent was $80 psf.
• Operators of the Ethiopian restaurant chain Awash will open a new restaurant with a new name at 739 Franklin Avenue in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Jeff Goncalves represented both the landlord 739 Franklin LLC and the tenant in the long-term lease of 1,400 s/f. Asking rent was $64 psf.
Midwood Investment & Development announced a lease for the entire building at 777 Northrop Road in Wallingford, CT. Global manufacturer, Radiall USA, Inc., signed a 32,585 s/f lease at the commercial property.
With sales offices and subsidiaries throughout the world, 777 Northrop Road will serve as Radiall’s regional headquarters. John Usdan, CEO of Midwood Investment & Development, made the announcement. 777 Northrop Road was built by Midwood in 1999 and is one of four of the firm’s commercial spaces in Connecticut.
Located near I-91, the space was previously occupied for 16 years by Webster Bank as back-office operations. David Barnes from CBRE represented Midwood and James Pancyzkowski and John Stoddard from JLL represented Radiall.