THIS WEEK’S LEASES UNDER 10,000 S/F
Adams & Co. Real Estate brokered two new leases for Shulsky Properties at 330 Fifth Avenue. Alan Bonett represented Shulsky Properties in both transactions:
• A 10-year, 13,586 s/f new lease for Brightroll Inc., the largest independent video advertising platform. Asking rent was $43 per-square-foot. Paul Ferraro of JLL represented the tenant in the transaction. Brightroll plans to use the space as general and executive offices.
• An 11-year 13,586 s/f new lease for NiCE, Nicosia Creative Expresso LTD, an international packaging design and branding company. Asking rent was $43 per-square-foot. Craig Lemle and Nick Zarnin of Studley represented the tenant in the transaction. NiCE, Nicosia Creative Expresso plans to use the space as general and executive offices.
SRS Real Estate Partners announces that Dollar Tree/Deal$ has leased 10,282 s/f at 115-02 Jamaica Avenue, Richmond Hills, N.Y. Erin Grace CCIM, first vice president of SRS’ New York office, represented the tenant in the transaction. The project is new construction and the store is scheduled to open in the fall of 2014.
DTZ represented 360 Trading Networks, Inc., a global financial services technology firm, in a 5,400 s/f direct lease of penthouse space in the 39-story Lefcourt National Building at 521 Fifth Avenue. 360 Trading Networks, Inc. had been occupying this space in a sub-lease arrangement, but engaged senior associate Simon Landmann and senior vice president Gerard Picco to explore alternative locations within the submarket. The building was represented in-house by SL Green Realty Corporation.
Sabre Real Estate Group LLCarranged a lease in the Stop & Shop shopping center in Miller Place for The Joint, a franchised chiropractic clinic. This will be The Joint’s first New York location. The 1,200 s/f clinic will open this fall in the center at 385 Route 25A at Miller Place Road. Arizona businessman John
Leonesio, who started the $300 million Massage Envy spa chain and sold it in 2008, owns the franchisor, The Joint Corp. Stu Fagen, managing director of Sabre, arranged the lease on behalf of The Joint. The center is owned by the Richmond Co. Sabre is actively seeking locations of 1,000 to 1,500 s/f on behalf of The Joint in the New York metro area.
Savanna announced the following new lease at 100 Wall Street:
• Luxoft USA, Inc., a has signed a new lease for 4,717 s/f on a portion of the 5th Floor for a ten-year term. Luxoft is a provider of software development services and IT solutions. Mitchell Konsker and Scott Cahaly of Jones Lang LaSalle represented the l;andlord, Savanna, while Yura Mitskevich of Elbrus Capital Group represented the tenant in this transaction.
Associate director Elliot Warren of the Kaufman Organization brokered five deals totaling 16,100 s/f of office space for clients in Flatiron and Union Square:
• Persado, a leader in marketing persuasion technology, is taking a 6,500 s/f loft on 17th Street. The company was expanding and wanted to be in the Union Square neighborhood. Terms of the deal are undisclosed.
• Decision Desk, a technology firm that assists companies with the hiring process, signed a five year lease for 2,500 s/f of office space at 37 W. 17th St. The company outgrew its Williamsburg offices and decided to move to Manhattan near Union Square into a larger loft space with skylights. Isabelle Sedghi of Moinian Group represented the landlord. The asking price for the space was $42 psf.
• Eastern Harbor Media, a digital publisher, signed a five year, 2,500 s/f least at 37 West 17th Street. Isabelle Sedghi of Moinian Group represented the landlord. The asking price for the space was $42 psf.
• LMA Group signed a 1,600 s/f lease for five years at 45 W. 21st St. LMA Group is a construction management company that specializes in Manhattan townhomes and luxury apartments. Mark Furst of Cassidy Turley represented the landlord. Asking price for the space was $45 psf.
• Manhattan Edit Workshop signed a 10-year, 3,000 s/f lease at 119 W. 23rd St. Jonathan Bernstein of JBN Realty represented the landlord. Asking rents was $45 psf.
Lee & Associates Commercial Real Estate Services completed a lease for CrossFit NYC: The Black Box, a national fitness studio. CrossFit signed a 10-year lease for 11,116 s/f in the lower level of 157 Columbus Avenue, a 32-story apartment building with commercial space on the north east corner of West 67th Street and Columbus Avenue. Asking rent was $48 psf. Mitchell Kunikoff, an executive managing director and a principal of Lee NYC, represented CrossFit NYC. Josh N. Kuriloff, Jodi Roberts and Andrew Braver, all of Cushman & Wakefield, represented the landlord, The Brodsky Organization.
Milbrook Properties, Ltd. announced the following leases:
• At its shopping center located on Merrick Road in Seaford, Long Island, a 10-year term for 4,500 s/f with Echoes Antiques & Auction Gallery. The second is a 7-year term for 2,013 s/f with Gino’s of Seaford to operate a pizzeria. Milbrook Properties, Ltd. represented itself in both deals. Other tenants in the center include El Cyote Restaurant and The Dollar Store.
• H&R Block signed a 5-year lease for 2,308 s/f in its shopping center in Bayshore, Long Island. Other tenants of this center include Stop N Shop Supermarket, Chase Bank, Weight Watchers, Tropical and Subway. The deal was co-brokered with Reinhart Becker, Ford & Assoc, LLC.
• PM Pediatrics signed a 10-year lease for 6,903 s/f in its shopping center in Spring Valley, New York. Milbrook Properties, Ltd. represented itself in the deal.