JLL has completed six new transactions and three renewals, totaling 107,953 s/f, at 1450 Broadway, The Zar Group’s Class A, 400,010 s/f office building.
The building owner was represented in all nine transactions by Mitchell Konsker, vice chairman; Barbara Winter, managing director; Simon Landmann, senior vice president; and Kip Orban, vice president, all with JLL. The team worked closely with Bobby Zar, principal, and Michael Gleicher, senior vice president, at The Zar Group.
Zar Group recently enhanced 1450 Broadway with a new lobby, new elevators and mechanicals, and many other improvements.
New tenants at 1450 Broadway are:
- WeWork Companies Inc. signed a 15-year lease for 56,984 s/f of office space and will occupy the entire 11th through 15th floors. The tenant was represented by Jeff Winick, CEO, and Danielle Winick, executive vice president, with Winick Realty Group LLC.
- DK Publishing completed a 10-year lease for 10,630 s/f and will occupy a portion of the eighth floor. The tenant was represented by Richard Bernstein, executive vice chairman, and Adam Ardise, executive managing director, with Cushman & Wakefield Inc.
- Insight Direct USA secured a five-year lease for 10,050 s/f across the entire 21st floor. The tenant was represented by Tara Curley, managing director, with Mohr Partners Inc., and Brandon Clark of Cresa Phoenix Inc.
- Creative Office Design Inc. signed a 10-year lease for 7,537 s/f and will occupy the entire 25th floor. The tenant was represented by Jason Frazier with CBRE Inc.
- Yagi Tsushi America Inc. completed a 10-year lease for 3,999 s/f and will occupy a portion of the 20th floor. The tenant was represented by Junji Miyake, director, with C&W.
- DHI Group Inc. inked a five-year lease for 3,993 s/f acoss the the entire 29th floor. The tenant was represented by Lisa Kiell, vice chairman, with JLL.
Renewals at 1450 Broadway:
- Integreon Inc. secured a 2.5-year lease for 6,251 s/f and will continue to occupy a portion of the sixth floor.
- Newport Apparel Corp. signed a seven-year renewal for 4,738 s/f and will continue to occupy a portion of the portion of the eighth floor. The tenant was represented by Marc Kritzer, president and founder, of Millennium Realty Group LLC.
- BNB Bank inked a two-year renewal for 3,771 s/fand will continue to occupy the entire 37th Floor. The tenant was represented by Kenneth Salzman with Lee & Associates.
The 42-story 1450 Broadway was designed by Ely Jacques Kahn Architects and constructed in 1931. Previously renovated in 1993, The Zar Group recently completed a Moed de Armas & Shannon-designed, multimillion-dollar capital improvement program at the building.