RICS is pleased to announce first ever industry awards for projects and professionals in the Americas region. The program to be held in 2023 recognizes the most inspirational initiatives and developments by teams, individuals and companies in the prior year in the
fields of land, real estate, construction and infrastructure. The submittal period will close February 24, 2023.
“We are thrilled to be able to publicly acknowledge the outstanding work professionals do to improve the built environment and work to the public advantage,” said Ann Gray, President Elect, FRICS. “This is the first year RICS has hosted an awards program in the Americas. In a diverse industry with a broad range of disciplines we know the judging will be difficult but it’s important that excellence be honored. We are excited about the opportunity we have to highlight the brilliant individuals, companies and teams in our region.”
The Team Awards category will include three different awards. The criteria include professionalism, teamwork, innovation, sustainability, outcome and achievement. Ideal entries will highlight creative approaches to overcoming challenges and complexities. The three different Team Awards are:
● Construction Award: Celebrating excellence in quantity surveying in 2022, this award
recognizes companies, teams or consortia engaged in outstanding cost planning and control, cost management, and construction management.
● Facilities Management/Corporate Real Estate Award: This will be awarded to a company,
team or consortia responsible for outstanding tenant relationship management, financial
management and asset management throughout 2022.
● Valuation Award: The Valuation award recognizes a company, team or consortia providing excellence in appraisal services throughout 2022 which uphold international standards and give confidence to end-users for their objectivity, independence and reliability on commercial and/or residential projects.
The Individual Award category will include one award. The criteria include outcome and achievement, professionalism, innovation and sustainability. The Individual Award is:
● Emerging Achiever of the Year: Recognizing that the future of our profession rests on the shoulders of emerging professionals, the Emerging Achiever Award acknowledges one
outstanding young individual who has achieved excellence in their field. The individual selected will embody the highest standards of professionalism, be a role-model for their peers and be capable of making an outstanding contribution to the profession in the course of their future career. The individual must have been born on or after 1 January 1987 to be eligible.
In a special category RICS is focusing on sustainability. It will include one award. The criteria include professionalism, teamwork/collaboration, outcome and achievement, innovation and sustainability.
● Environmental Impact Award: This category recognizes projects where innovation, design or construction techniques have been utilized to address environmental challenges and improve resilience.
Who can enter: The awards are open to individuals, firms and teams working in the built and natural environment and need not be members of RICS.
For more information: The finalists for each award will be announced on May 1, 2023. The winners for each award will be announced the week commencing 12 June 2023. For important dates, the roster of judges, judging criteria and rules of entry, please visit RICS.org/ricsawards.