BuiltWorlds, a worldwide network of leaders in the Built industry, has announced Construction Tech’s Top Digital Leaders in the category of Project Management & Oversight – Suffolk Construction and Ryan Companies.
Honorees were selected based on the findings from the 2022 Builtworlds Benchmarking program, for achieving the highest levels of construction technology adoption and implementation in the Project Management & Oversight category. The benchmarking program, now in its fourth year, gauges tech adoption in four additional project delivery categories: Preconstruction, Field Solutions, Offsite Construction, and Advanced Machinery & Equipment.
In addition to presenting Digital Leader badges to representatives from Suffolk and Ryan Companies, honorees in the Preconstruction category will also be announced during the 2022 Construction Tech Conference, which takes place in Chicago on July 13-14. Additional findings from the Builtworlds’ Benchmarking program will be presented throughout Construction Tech including:
● Technology performance data on project delivery solutions from pre-construction to close out.
● Adoption trends, risks and ROI from a tech adopter perspective.
● 22 construction project delivery tech specialty areas in the office and the field.
● Emerging solutions in areas including smart job sites, advanced machinery, tools and robotics.
The benchmarking program examines the adoption and implementation of more than 20 construction technology solution categories among specialty and general contractors ranging from $500K to $5 billion in annual revenue. In addition to identifying the tech adoption leaders, the data analysis in the Project Management & Oversight Report also uncovered the following trends:
● 70% of contractors are now using Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to gain insight from jobsites, – a sharp contrast from only 47% one year ago.
● 84% of respondents have adopted ERP solutions, up from 55% in 2020-2021.
● 93% of respondents are currently leveraging an Accounting & Payment solution(s) on every project – up from 84% in 2020.
“The construction industry has historically been viewed as lagging behind in technology adoption, but as our benchmarking survey shows, today’s industry is making progress in areas such as digitization, BI, and risk management,” said Matthew Gray, Executive Chairman of BuiltWorlds. “The emergence of more robust cloud solutions digitizing business processes such as bid management, estimating, scheduling and project oversight, along with the advent of more advanced technology in areas such as smart tools, robotics, and project simulation are driving the early stages of industry transformation. Construction Tech participants and presenters will explore the impact, challenges, and potential arising from the intersection of these previously less developed areas.”
Bringing together more than 150 engineering, general and specialty contracting leaders, Construction Tech will feature more than 30 presenters and panelists. Speaker highlights include:
- Keynote address from Tomislav Zigo, CTO of Clayco
- Aaron Anderson, Director of Innovation at Swinerton Builders will participate in a panel on Advancing Construction Administration.
- Erin Khan, National Director of Construction Solutions at Suffolk Construction will present key findings on safety/risk management and emerging solutions from the BuiltWorlds Benchmarking Program.
- Ahmad Hadavi, Clinical Professor at Northwestern University will be part of a panel discussion on The Future of Mixed Reality in Construction
Construction Tech will also serve as the setting for the second meeting of BuiltWorlds’ Chicago Forum. A consortium of investors, technologists, buildings and infrastructure industry leaders, the forum is focused on fostering a stronger built-world ecosystem in the Chicago region. Those interested in being part of the Chicago Forum can learn more or sign up through the BuiltWorlds website.
Construction Tech will take place at 333 North Green Street, a state-of-the-art building in Chicago’s Fulton Market – an area that has become known for leading-edge workplace innovation. Construction Tech 2022 is the second of a trio of BuiltWorlds’ events in Chicago this year – Buildings, Construction Tech, and the 7th annual U.S. Summit. For more information and a detailed agenda of Construction Tech, please visit: https://builtworlds.com/event/2022-construction-tech-conference/.