The Janus Property Company announced that architect-led design-build firm GLUCK+ has signed a 10-year lease in West Harlem’s Manhattanville Factory District (pictured top). Asking rent for the space was $55 psf. Scott Metzner, principal of Janus, made the announcement. GLUCK+ led the design of the Manhattanville Factory District’s Malt House, a 200,000 s/f former brewery now an office building catering to commercial users as well as those in the life sciences and the arts. The building incorporates 125,000 s/f of new, Class A space on top of 75,000 s/f of renovated brewery space. The building is the new home of the art gallery Gavin Brown’s Enterprise. Janus recently announced the topping out of the most recent addition to the District: the Taystee Lab Building, an 11-story, 350,000 s/f LEED-Certified, Class A lab and office building.
Marx Realty announced that investment management firm Rubric Capital signed a 5,800 s/f, seven-year lease on the 16th floor at 10 Grand Central. Rubric Capital secured the last of the Marx Realty’s upscale pre-built suites at 10 Grand Central as the firm begins to attract companies to fill 25,000 s/f of its uber-luxury Penthouse Collection being built out on the 32nd-36th floors. The announcement was made by Craig Deitelzweig, president and CEO of Marx Realty. JLL’s Cynthia Wasserberger, Sam Seiler, David Kleiner and Carlee Palmer are leading the team handling the leasing for Marx Realty. Rubric Capital was represented by Cushman & Wakefield. The asking rent for the space was $88 psf.
Angel Commercial announced that four tenants have leased space at Southport Crossing in Southport, CT. Jon Angel, president,brokered the following leases at the property located at 3530 Post Road:
• Discovery Practice Management Inc. leased 6,453 s/f on the third floor. They provide counseling services.
• Guaranteed Rate Inc. leased 2,600 s/f on the second floor. They are one of the largest retail mortgage lenders in the United States. Headquartered in Chicago, the company has more than 4,000 employees in over 350 offices across the US and is licensed in all 50 states and Washington, DC.
• Lincoln Healthcare Information Company (doing business as Lincoln Healthcare Leadership) leased 8,400 s/f on the second floor. A healthcare intelligence company that serves C-level leaders of large providers, their core product is executive conferences.
• Professional Physical Therapy leased 5,168 s/f on the second floor for their Southport Physical Therapy Clinic.
NAI James E. Hanson announced the following leases and renewals:
• Amica Mutual Insurance Company renewed its 12,015 s/f lease at One Maynard Drive in Park Ridge. Andrew Somple, Justin Allessio and Judy Troiano represented the landlord, Sartak Holdings Inc..
• MetroMultimedia leased an 18,000 s/f industrial building at 211 South Newman Street in Hackensack. Andrew Somple, Scott K. Perkins and Justin Allessio represented the landlord, The Stro Companies. Established in 2006, MetroMultimedia is a leader in live event production.
• A lease extension for 21,895 s/f of medical office space with St. Joseph’s Hospital and a new lease for 5,050 s/f of medical office space with Dentistry for Children at 1135 Broad Street in Clifton. Randy Horning and Darren Lizzack represented the landlord, First Equity Development Company. St. Joseph’s Hospital was represented by Peter Rasmusson, Joe Tormen, and Michael Willis of Lee & Associates and Dentistry for Children was represented by Joe Lombardi of Masserano Real Estate and Consulting, Inc. 1135 Broad Street is a 68,000 s/f office building.
• 16,500 s/f of industrial/flex space at 500 West Main Street in Wyckoff. Andrew Somple and Justin Allessio represented the landlord, The Stro Companies, in the transaction with the tenant, PRE Sales Inc. 500 West Main Street is a 120,000 s/f industrial building near Routes 4, 208, and I-287. A leading manufacturer, importer and distributor of commercial grade portable furniture and event and hospitality equipment, PRE Sales offers a range of products. Formerly located in Moonachie, PRE Sales plans to use the space for the storage and distribution of furniture.
• 1,273 s/f of medical office space with Jyoti Sadhana Center in Fair Lawn. Randy Horning and Darren Lizzack represented the owner, Stonegate Realty. Directly off of Route 208, the property is a two-story, 28,000 s/f medical office building. Relocating from Saddle Brook, Jyoti Sadhana opted to move its operations to 23-00 Route 208 due to its favorable location and accessibility. Jyoti Sadhana is a spiritual healing center.
Cushman & Wakefield inked five new leases for Phenix Salon Suites in New Jersey and New York, totaling approximately 47,000 s/f. David Townes, of the firm’s retail team, brokered the long-term leases for the properties. Townes serves as exclusive leasing agent in the New York Metropolitan Area for the franchise, which has over 300 locations nationwide and is rapidly expanding throughout the tri-state area.
The recent transactions include New Jersey locations at the Morris Hills Shopping Center, 3035 US 46 in Parsippany (5,100 s/f with Alana Friedman) and Woodbridge Crossing, 465 Greene Street in Woodbridge (5,642 s/f with James Aug of Sabre). This brings the total number of Phenix Salon Suites in the Garden State to six.
The three New York locations include:
• 165-10 Archer Avenue in Jamaica (7,234 s/f)
• 30-30 Northern Boulevard in Long Island City (14,300 s/f, with Cushman & Wakefield broker Joseph Grotto representing the landlord, Alma Realty)
• 650 Stewart Avenue in Garden City (14,772 s/f).