Adams & Co. Real Estate announced the following leases:
• AS Beauty, Inc., a maker and distributor of women’s cosmetics, has signed a 9,585 s/f, ten-year lease at 42 West 39th Street. The firm will utilize the full ninth floor for its New York offices and operations. David Levy, principal, represented the landlord, 42-52 West 39 Street LLC and also the tenant in the transaction. Asking rent was $49 psf. AS Beauty is expected to take occupancy in July 2019. A distributor of primarily Korean beauty products, AS Beauty is joint venture between Alan and Joey Shamah, founders of E.I.F Beauty and the Azrak family, founders of American Marketing Enterprises, a leading manufacturing of children’s pajamas and sleepwear. Constructed in 1927, 42 West 39th Street is an 18-story building located in the Penn Plaza and Garment Districts.
• Fashion designer Bernard Chaus signed a 7,200 s/f lease at 148 West 37th Street. The designer will utilize the full seventh floor for its New York headquarter offices and showroom. James and Jeff Buslik of Adams & Co., represented the landlord, Fashion Associates, while Marc Schoen of Savitt Partners represented the tenant in the transaction. Asking rent in the transaction was $49 psf.
• Footwear brand Bed/Stu has signed a 1,375 s/f, five-year lease at 231 West 39th Street. The company, which uses high quality organically-tanned, chrome-free leather in its men and women’s shoes, will utilize the part of the tenth floor for its New York offices and showroom. James and Jeff Buslik represented the landlord, 231/249 West 39th Street Associates and also the tenant in the transaction. Asking rent in the transaction was $49 psf.
• Chaby International, a manufacturer and distributor of rainwear and seasonal products, has signed a 1,428 s/f, three-year lease at 10 West 33rd Street. The Philadelphia-based, family-owned company will utilize the part of the 12th floor for its New York offices and showroom. David Levy of Adams & Co. represented the landlord, Ten West Thirty Third Associates and also the tenant in the transaction. Asking rent in the transaction was $55 psf.
• The New York Youth Symphony has renewed a 1,561 s/f, two-year lease at 110 West 40th Street. David Levy and Brett Maslin of Adams & Co. represented the landlord, Ten West Thirty Third Associates and also the tenant in the transaction. The tenant has been in the building for seven years.
The New York office of Avison Young announced a new five-year, 4,750 s/f lease for SharesPost Inc. on the 27th Floor at Tower 45, the Class A, luxury office tower located at 120 West 45th Street in Midtown. SharesPost, a global marketplace for trading private company shares and digital securities, will be opening its New York City headquarters in Tower 45. An Avison Young team including Arthur J. Mirante II, Principal and Tri-State President, Mitti Liebersohn, President and Managing Director, John Ryan III, Principal, Albert Wu, Director, and Dominic Perkovic, Associate, represented building owner Kamber Management Company in the negotiations. The tenant was represented by Matthew Lorberbaum at Newmark Knight Frank. Kamber Management Company, under the leadership of principal Steven M. Levy, acquired 120 West 45th Street in September 2015 and Avison Young has served as the exclusive leasing agent since June 2016. Since taking ownership of the property, Kamber Management has invested in a multi-million-dollar capital improvement program focused on building infrastructure and reimagining common areas.
Cresa Advisors’ announced that principals Rob Sattler, Mark Toubin and Richard Lowe provided Transaction Management services to The Bridgespan Group for its relocation to 333 Seventh Avenue, with a 10-year lease term, from 111 West 33rd Street. Additionally, Cresa managing principal James Pirot is providing Project Management services for the organization’s new 11,875 s/f, 11th floor office space. The Bridgespan Group is a Boston-based nonprofit specializing in strategy consulting and leadership development for other nonprofits, as well as foundations, investors and philanthropists. The 21-story North Chelsea prewar building, located between 28th and 29th Streets, is close to Penn Station and other public transportation, the High Line and Hudson Yards. The landlord, Samco Properties, was represented inhouse by Joshua Smith, Partner. It is expected The Bridgespan Group will take possession in August 2019.
The Design Gym, a corporate consultancy focused on innovation, creativity, team building, training and facilitation, has signed a lease for an approximately 2,901 s/f suite at Brause Realty, Inc.’s 320 Fifth Avenue. Located on the 10th floor, the new suite features hardwood floors, exposed ceilings, LED lighting and glass-fronted rooms. The owner was represented by the building’s exclusive agents Jonata Dayan, executive vice president, and Brett Weiss, senior associate, HSP Real Estate Group, a member of NAI Global. The tenant, who will take possession of the space this spring, was represented by Matt Hopkins, associate director, Vicus Partners. In the past year, graphic design studio Marine Lane and high-end furniture company Orangebox moved into 320 Fifth Avenue along with MFS Engineering to its and national engineering firm, Hatch.
R.J. Brunelli announced the following leases:
• Sales associate David Singer signed women’s fashion boutique Twenty5A to its first Manhattan location at 1630 Second Ave. The Long Island-based retailer will occupy 3,400 s/f, including 1,900 s/f on the ground floor and 1,500 s/f of basement storage space.
• David Singer brokered the lease that will bring Duozo, a new Omakase sushi concept from chef Koji Kagawa, to a 1,560 s/f corner location at 63 Delancey St.
• David Singer brokered the lease for Retro Coffee to occupy 730 s/f at 134 East 17th St. The café and bakery is expected to open in early summer in the space formerly occupied by Tone Café.
In its role as Dollar Tree’s exclusive real estate representative statewide, R.J. Brunelli brokered four leases for sites in New Jersey. Danielle Brunelli, president, represented the retailer:
• Dollar Tree is expected will open in a 15,000 s/f inline unit at Linden Square Shopping Center located on West Saint Georges Ave. in Linden. The chain occupies the former National Wholesale Liquidators space. Ripco Real Estate served as a co-broker on the deal.
• Dollar Tree signed for a 9,764 s/ft inline space at Hamilton Plaza, a 151,000 s/f center located on White Horse Pike and Kuser Rd. The chain will occupy a portion of a former Kmart store. the transaction was co-brokered by Metro Commercial.
• In Denville, Bill Schlossman of Castle Real Estate Services, co-brokered a deal to bring Dollar Tree to a 9,600 s/f inline space at 559 East Main Street. The chain will absorb a portion of a space previously occupied by a Foodtown supermarket.
• In Deptford, a lease was signed for a 10,000 s/f location in an outparcel building shared by Auto Zone. Home Depot anchors the property, which is located at 1360 Hurffville Rd. The Deptford lease was co-brokered by Keith Seymour of Equity Retail Brokers.
• Danielle Brunelli represented the landlord in the lease that brought decor chain Homesense to the Manalapan EpiCentre on Rte. 9 South in Monmouth County. The growing brand opened a 29,000 s/f space, taking the majority of the property’s former Sports Authority store.
• Senior sales associate Pete Nicholson brokered the 43,152 s/f lease for Asian Food Markets at Plainsboro Plaza Shopping Center in Plainsboro. The store is projected to open in the next several months at the 220,000 s/f, which is currently anchored by Planet Fitness. R.J. Brunelli represented the tenant as exclusive leasing agent for the chain in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
• Danielle Brunelli represented the landlord on a lease with Supreme Barber for a 1,080 s/f inline space at Browntown Shopping Center on Rte. 516 in Old Bridge. The firm is exclusive leasing agent for the 84,895 s/f center, whose anchors include Walgreens.
• Investment sales specialist Mario Brunelli co-brokered a deal with Vicki Ezra of The Dartmouth Company to bring Learning Care Group’s Everbrook Academy to a new, 12,850 s/f freestanding building on Hamburg Tpke.in Wayne.
• Allstate Insurance opened in a 1,620 s/f inline space at Jersey Strong Plaza on Route 130 in Robbinsville. The transaction was brokered by senior sales associate Alan Gott, who represented the tenant and landlord. R.J. Brunelli is exclusive leasing agent for the 67,000 s/f property.
Mountain Development Corp. (MDC) and Gottesman Real Estate Partners announced that Sirius Group has leased 4,000 s/f at 21 Roszel Road, bringing the 62,500s/f office building to full occupancy. Built in 2015, 21 Roszel Road offers high ceilings, an outdoor plaza, an on-site café and a newly completed fitness center. The tenancy includes law firm Hill Wallack LLP – which occupies 48,000 s/f on the top two floors – and Ripen e-commerce, which occupies 9,200 s/f on the first floor.