Adams & Co. announced the following leases:
• Fashion wholesale firm, SA&E International Bags and Accessories has signed leases for a total of 8,791 s/f at 10 West 33rd Street, known as the Fashion Accessories Center. The firm will expand its presence at the building on the 12th floor for executive offices and showroom space. David Levy represented the landlord, Ten West Thirty Third Associates. Michael Beyda of Benchmark Group represented the tenant. Asking rent was $65 psf.
• Townley, Inc., a children’s cosmetics and hair accessories maker, has renewed its 5,603 s/f lease at 10 West 33rd Street. David Levy represented both the landlord, Ten West Thirty Third Associates and also the tenant. Asking rent in the transaction was $55 psf.
• Hard Tail, a lifestyle and active-wear brand celebrating female athleticism, has renewed its 5,382 s/f lease at 231 West 39th Street. James and Jeff Buslik of Adams & Co. represented both the landlord, 231/249 West 39 Street Associates and the tenant. Asking rent iwas $49 psf.
• US Legwork, a women and children’s fashion accessories firm, has renewed its 1,001 s/flease at 10 West 33rd Street. David Levy represented both the landlord, Ten West Thirty Third Associates, and the tenant. Asking rent was $65 psf.
• Hosiery Network, Inc., an apparel and hosiery firm, has renewed its 3,016-square-foot lease at 10 West 33rd Street. David Levy represented both the landlord, Ten West Thirty Third Associates,and also the tenant. Asking rent in the transaction was $65 psf.
KZA Realty Group announced that Gina Watson represented the landlord and tenant in a lease at 117 Gramatan Avenue in Mount Vernon. The new occupants of the 1,235 s/f space plan to open a Brazilian restaurant and agreed to a 10-year lease with LAL Property Management Corp.
Hunt Corporate Services, Inc. arranged to place three office tenants in space totaling over 10,000 s/f at One Commercial Avenue, Garden City. As exclusive broker for the building, Andy Dorman, represented both sides in negotiations:
• Soho-based women’s apparel retailer Store No. 6 leased 7,300 s/f to establish an operations and internet fulfillment center.
• Ace Concepts, a marketing subcontractor for Verizon and other communication giants, leased 2,000 s/f;
• Metrotel Networks, a source for cloud-based voice and business telephone system solutions, leased 800 s/f.
Tri State Commercial Realty announced that KinderCare, a children’s pediatric center, has leased 3,600 s/f of space at Tower 18 at 18 Spencer Street, Brooklyn. Avi Akiva, vice president, represented both the landlord, The Loketch Group, and the tenant in the 10-year lease for the entire sixth floor of the property. Asking rent was $60 psf.
Barrows, a WPP associate company, has joined the tenant roster at 817 Broadway. The company will occupy 10,000 s/f and establish its NYC headquarters across the entire third floor. David Falk, Jason Greenstein and Daniel Levine from Newmark Knight Frank (NKF), are the exclusive office leasing agents representing 817 Broadway. Brandon Charnas, Adam Henick and Matt Newman from Current Real Estate Advisors represented Barrows. The company will move into the 15-story building later this month. It will be Barrow’s sixth location globally in addition to offices in London, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Toronto.
NAI James E. Hanson announced the following leases:
• A 20,089 s/f lease at 120 Fieldcrest Avenue in Edison, N.J. Kenneth Lundberg and Patrick Lennon represented the tenant, Vertex Distribution, in the transaction with the landlord, Summit Associates. A distributor of industrial fasteners, Vertex Distribution will occupy space in the 106,000 s/f industrial building on 6.64 acres located. The property is highly adaptable to a diverse mix of industrial users, including tenants ranging from a marine spill response corporation (MSRC) to an alcoholic beverage wholesaler.
• Industrial leases for 16,504 s/f with L. Gambert, 11,000 s/f with Windsor, and 9,000s/f with Eli Fashion in the Ballantine Industrial Center at 397-447 Ferry Street in Newark, N.J. Russell Verducci and Eric Demmers represented the landlord, Turnbridge Equities, in the transactions. NAI James E. Hanson serves as exclusive leasing broker for 726,525 s/f industrial center acquired earlier this year in a joint venture between Turnbridge Equities and institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
Cushman & Wakefield brokered an expanded sublease with a multinational professional services and information technology company at 12 Vreeland Road in Florham Park. The growing company, which subleased 26,556 s/f in the Class A office property in June 2019, has taken an additional 29,974 s/f and now occupies the entire first floor (56,530 square feet). William O’Keefe, Charles P. Parmelli and Kelsey Nakamura represented the sublandlord, Gerber Products Company (Nestlé), in the transaction. The tenant was represented by John Cunningham and Fred Hyatt with JLL. The KRE Group is the landlord of the two-story, 139,750 s/f asset, which was recently renovated.
CBRE announced that The Arc of Hunterdon County inked a 22,000 s/f office lease at 53 Frontage Road in Hampton. The non-profit, social services organization will house its operations within the 277,000 s/f property owned by Shelbourne Global Solutions, a privately held company headquartered in New York City. John Goodwin negotiated the long-term lease on behalf of the tenant, who plans to occupy their new space in April 2020. The lease negotiations involved a buyout of part of an existing tenant’s lease as well as converting a portion of the cafeteria to create space for The Arc’s day programs, which will be separated from the rest of the building.
JLL completed two transactions, totaling 34,386 s/f, for two separate law firms at the Gateway complex in Newark, N.J., for building owners Onyx Equities LLC, Garrison Investment Group LP, Taconic Capital Advisors LP and Axonic Capital LLC, and co-investment partner Prudential Financial Inc. The building owners were represented by Timothy Greiner, Blake Goodman and Colleen Maguire. They worked closely with John Saraceno Jr., co-founder and managing principal, with Onyx Equities.
• Law firm Greenberg Dauber Epstein & Tucker signed a five-year lease extension for 10,823 square feet and will continue to occupy the sixth floor at One Gateway.
• Law firm Landman Corsi Ballaine & Ford inked a 10-year lease extension and expansion to 23,563 square feet and will now occupy the 22nd and 23rd floors at One Gateway.
NAI Mertz announced the team of Matt O’Rorke and Jonathan Klear represented a local behavioral health group on its 26,500 s/f lease at 1515 Burnt Mill Road in Cherry Hill, NJ. The tenant is a non-profit behavioral health company that works with children and adults, and will utilize their new space for their headquarters. NAI Mertz also represented the company in 2018 in their lease of another location in Sicklerville NJ. Located in close proximity to I-295, 1515 Burnt Mill Road is a 330,000 s/f facility that provides parking, a fenced lot and signage.
Alfred Sanzari Enterprises announced the following leases:
• BioReference Laboratories for 50,429 s/f of industrial space at 491 Edward H. Ross Drive in Elmwood Park, N.J. BioReference Laboratories is the firm’s largest tenant leasing over 227,037 square feet in Elmwood Park spread across four buildings in Alfred Sanzari Enterprises’ portfolio.
• Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. (Securitas USA) has leased 2,200 s/fof office space at Heights Plaza located at 777 Terrace Avenue in Hasbrouck Heights, N.J. Stephen Jennings, Vice President of Leasing and Marketing at Alfred Sanzari Enterprises, made the announcement.
JLL completed a new transaction for Cresthill Academy at the North Constitution apartment building, located at 1300 Frank Sinatra Drive North within the mixed-use residential and retail development project known as The Shipyard complex along the Hoboken waterfront with building owner Ironstate Development Co. The child care center signed a lease for 7,096 s/f of retail expansion space at The Shipyard, while continuing to occupy its original space at the adjacent 1330 Sinatra Drive North. Ironstate Development, was represented in-house by Jesse Munoz, retail commercial manager, and by Blake Shanaphy, associate, with JLL. The tenant was represented in-house. Cresthill Academy signed a 15-year lease the ground-floor retail space.
Katz & Associates announced that Hugh Scullin and Amy Staats arranged a new lease for First Watch restaurant at 38 Farm View at The Shoppes at DePiero Farm in Montvale. It is 3,699 s/f. This is the fourth location in New Jersey, and the ninth overall, for which Scullin and Staats represented First Watch. Brian Silbert of Silbert Management represented the property.
RIPCO Real Estate announced that Alison Horbach secured four leases totaling 8,848 s/f across northern New Jersey for national gourmet bakery concept Nothing Bundt Cakes, expanding the brand statewide. Nothing Bundt Cakes specializes in premium, handcrafted bundt cakes. As exclusive leasing agent for Nothing Bundt Cakes’ New Jersey transactions, Horbach orchestrated the following 10-year leases:
• Wayne: An 1,890 s/f lease at 1809 Route 23 South, Suite B. The standalone, newly constructed building will make Nothing Bundt Cakes and Starbucks Coffee Company co-tenants.
• Princeton: A 2,200 s/f lease at 3495 US Route 1 South, opening spring 2020 in the Whole Foods Center.
• Morristown: A 2,058 s/f lease at 170 East Hanover Avenue, which opened in October 2019 as a standalone, newly constructed building.
• North Brunswick: A 2,700- s/f lease at 1443 US Route 1, which opened in December 2018 in the strip mall anchored by Raymour & Flanigan.
Nothing Bundt Cakes, a portfolio company of Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, is a franchisor and operator of more than 320 bakery locations in the U.S. and Canada.
Choyce Peterson, announced the following leases:
• The Forum Group leased a 1,357s/f office at 1-3 West Avenue in Norwalk, CT. Vice president Adam Cognetta and associate Casey McKnight represented the tenant. The lease provided for a turn-key renovation suited to The Forum Group’s needs and funded by the landlord, in addition to free rent and a flexible lease term. The landlord was represented by Read Auerbach, senior vice president of Colonial Realty, a Southpoint Group Company.
• A new location for Greenwich Medical Spa (GMS) in the Golden Horseshoe Shopping Center at 1130 Wilmot Road in Scarsdale, New York. Adam Cognetta and Pete Jacullo represented GMS in the transaction. The 2,350 s/f space will facilitate the company’s expansion in Westchester County. The landlord was represented in house by Robert Fine, managing director of Scarsdale Shopping Center Associates.