Adams & Co. Real Estate, LLC, announced the following transactions completed by David Levy, principal, at 463 Seventh Avenue:
• A 2,904 s/f renewal for outerwear company, Caruana Group Ltd. David Levy represented the tenant and landlord, The Arsenal Company LLC. Asking rent was $42 psf. Caruana Group plans on using the space as general offices and showrooms for their outerwear and coats.
• A 1,799 s/f for apparel company Score, Inc. Asking rent was $40 psf.
• A 1,284 s/f new lease afor Diana Imports, Inc. Asking rent was $40 psf for the showroom space.
• A 1,269 s/f for Antares Continental Corporation. Asking rent was $42psf.
• A nine-year and eleven-month, 1,247 s/f new retail lease for AISAM, Inc. Asking rents were $100 psf. AISAM plans to us the space for digital reprographics using computers only.
• A 305 s/f renewal for Larry Macari. Asking rents were $36 psf Larry Macari plans to use the space as a tailor shop for men’s and women’s made-to-order clothing.
• Adams & Co. brokered a 10 year, 5,186 s/f renewal at 121 East 24th St. for And Partners, a design firm. James Buslik, principal, and Jeff Buslik, director, represented the landlord, Kofler Associates, and the tenant. Asking rent was $45 psf.
• A four year, 5,521 s/f renewal at 231 West 39th St. for Hard Tail. James Buslik and Jeff Buslik represented the landlord, 231/249 West 39 Street Associates. Asking rent was $40 psf. Hard Tail plans to use this space for showrooms and offices.
Cushman & Wakefield represented ownership of 500 Fifth Avenue, in five lease transactions totaling nearly 20,000 s/f. Harry F. Blair and Sean Kearns represent 500 Fifth Avenue Inc. as exclusive leasing agent. Recent transactions include:
• The University of Oxford, which was represented by Paul Ippolito and Michael Morris of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank, renewed its lease for 10,346 s/f on the entire 32nd floor.
• Argus Media, Inc., which was represented by Peter Berti and Helen McCarthy of Cushman & Wakefield, expanded in the building for a total of 4,538 s/f in suite 2410.
• New Vision Communications Corp. signed a new lease for 2,050 s/f in suite 1740.
• China XD Plastics Company Limited signed a new lease for 1,441 s/f in suite 960.
• Forward Insight Commodities, LLC signed a sublease for 1,224 s/f in suite 2030.
DTZ, a UGL company, announced the following leases:
• An 8,901 s/f long-term lease at 48 West 37th Street for BUILTNY INC, a lifestyle accessories brand relocating from 520 Broadway. Vice president Giorgio Versea and associate vice president Joel Weinberg led the negotiation process. The landlord Elias Savada, was represented by David Levy, principal, of Adams & Co.
• A 3,000 s/f lease renewal at 51 East 42nd St. for Anthony Knerr & Associates, a firm that assists nonprofit institutions solving strategic issues. Senior vice president Gerard Picco and senior associate Simon Landmann represented the tenant. The landlord, SL Green Realty Corp., was represented in-house.
Lewis Baach PLLC, a law firm, will open its first New York City office in the Chrysler Building, 405 Lexington Avenue. The firm signed a lease for 3,867 s/f on the 32nd Floor of the building. Handler Real Estate Organization represented Lewis Baach PLLC in the transaction. Tishman Speyer, the landlord, was represented in-house. Scott Galin, principal, and Darell Handler, represented the tenant.
Long Island Industrial announced that two leases were completed at its properties. In both transactions, director of leasing Tommy Tsiolis represented the landlord:
• Perfume Center of America, a wholesale distributor of perfume, signed a lease for 11,000 s/f at 79 Express St. in Plainview. Executive managing director Ralph Perna of Newmark Knight Frank represented the tenant.
• Pharbest Pharmaceuticals Inc., which manufactures its products on-location, has taken 10,000 s/f in Farmingdale at 171 Milbar Blvd. Managing partner Andrew Blumenthal of Metro Realty represented the tenant.
Savanna announced the following new lease at 5 Hanover Square.
• Escalate, an experiential branding and marketing agency, has signed a new lease for 9,750 s/f for an 11-year term. Frank Cento, Jonathan Fein and Carlos Suarez of Cushman & Wakefield represented the landlord, while David Menaged of Intrepid Real Estate Group, LLC represented the tenant.
CBRE Group, Inc. announced the following leases:
• A 4,500 s/f lease of the entire 4th floor at 125 Fifth Avenue on behalf of SHIFT Communications, an integrated communications agency that also has offices in Boston and San Francisco. Arkady Smolyansky, of CBRE’s New York City office, negotiated the deal on behalf of SHIFT. CBRE’s Matthew R. Bergey and Stuart J. Siegel represented ownership, Prime Properties Inc.
• CBRE’s Budd Wiesenberg of the Stamford office and Larry Weiss of the Long Island office represented BZ Media in the lease of 5,000 s/f at 225 Broadhollow Road in Melville, NY. Kyle Crennan of Jones Lang LaSalle acted on behalf of AEGON USA Realty Advisors.
Pliskin Realty & Development announced that associate Christopher M. Wierzbicki brokered two retail space leases on Long Island:
• Martial Arfs, a dog training and dog day care facility, leased a 4,500 s/f space at 200 Glen Cove Road and Voice Road in Carle Place, NY. Wierzbicki represented both the owner and the new tenant.
• Herbalife, a global nutrition company, leased 1,000 s/f of space at the intersection of Motor Parkway and Wheeler Road in Central Islip, NY. Wierzbicki also represented both the owner and tenant in this transaction.
Samsung Information Systems of America (SISA) has signed a 7,900 s/f, five-year lease for the entire seventh floor of Meringoff Properties’ 30 West 26th Street. Michael A. Leff and David I. Cohen, of Avison Young represented SISA, while Mark S. Stein, senior vice president and Jason Vacker, vice president, of Meringoff Properties acted on behalf of the landlord in the transaction.
Levin Management announced the following leases:
• Haven Riverfront Restaurant & Bar has leased 6,500 s/f at Edgewater Harbor. Levin’s leasing representative Jake Frantzman negotiated the lease. A project of National RE/sources, Edgewater Harbor sits on the 21-acre former Unilever R&D campus, providing Hudson River views and a Gold Coast address. At build-out, Edgewater Harbor will include 480 apartment residences and a 1,900-foot river walk along the Hudson. The property’s first two residential buildings feature ground-level retail space along the project’s Main Street.
Milbrook Properties, Ltd. announced the following leases:
• At its Edison, New Jersey strip center, Split Rock Dental leased 3,000 s/f of space for five years.
• Yogurt Boys of Edison signed a 5-year lease at the Edison strip center. This lease was co-brokered with Jeffrey Realty and Katz and Associates. The center is anchored by Shop Rite Supermarkets and other tenants include Capital One Bank, Plato’s Closet, Monster Golf and Party Fair.
• A 3 year lease agreement with two three year options for 5,000 s/f was signed with the Home Mortgage division of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. This deal was co-brokered with Signature Partners, LLC.
Larken Associates leased 1,076 s/f to restaurant, Tender Lovin’ Grill, at its Shoppes at Woods Tavern in Hillsborough, NJ. The take out/family sit down restaurant joins retailers Benjamin Moore Paint & Decorating Depot, J&L Nails and Faithful Countertops as well as other dining options. Robert Marek, executive vice president of Larken Associates’ Commercial Division, made the announcement.
Onyx Equities announced that it completed 17 lease transactions, totaling 114,206 s/f, throughout its portfolio during the first quarter of the year. Michael Nevins, Onyx Equities’ senior vice president of leasing, represented the firm in the following notable deals:
• Kraemer Properties, Inc. renewed its 25,200 s/f lease at 1925 Swarthmore Avenue in Lakewood, NJ. Onyx negotiated the transaction directly with the tenant.
• Valley National Bank signed a long-term renewal for 21,334 square feet at 2 Jericho Plaza in Jericho. CBRE senior vice president David Leviton represented Valley National.
• Newmark Grubb Knight Frank signed a long-term, 12,246 s/f renewal at Meadows Office Complex, located at 201 Route 17 North in Rutherford, NJ. The real estate firm, which was self represented, also renewed its lease for 3,112 s/f of space on a separate floor.
• At 1985 Swarthmore Avenue in Lakewood, NJ, Quality Communication Systems, Inc. signed a 12,500 s/f renewal.
• BT Systems inked a long-term, 10,896 s/f renewal at 30 Montgomery Street in Jersey City, NJ. Jones Lang LaSalle vice president Dan De Palma represented the tenant.