ABS Partners Real Estate, LLC recently brokered two deals totaling 5,400 s/f at 20 West 22nd St. Jason Fein and Robert Finkelstein of represented the landlord in both transactions.
• Bohn Architecture and Design, P.C., a Manhattan-based firm that creates interiors for private residences, restaurants, hotels, health clubs, fashion showrooms and office lobbies, signed a 2,782 s/f lease on the eighth floor of the upgraded property. Jonathan Anapol of Prime Manhattan Realty represented the tenant in the transaction.
• MultiNet International, Inc., an IT solutions company that previously shared space with Google at 111 Eighth Avenue, signed a 2,618-square-foot lease on the 11th floor of 20 West 22nd St. Shinya Sangu of Redac, Inc. represented the tenant in the transaction.
Colliers International announced the following leases:
• Compass Group renewed signed a long-term renewal at Cohen Brothers Realty Corporation’s Class A 135 East 57th Street, for the entire 30th floor. The renewal at the 32-story tower takes effect January 1, 2015. David Kaplansky, a Managing Director with Colliers International, arranged the lease on behalf of the tenant. Marc Horowitz, Senior Vice President and Director of Leasing for Cohen Brothers, represented the landlord in-house in the transaction.
• Colliers International and NYC Realty Advisors arranged a long-term full-floor lease at 57 West 57th Street, with Manhattan Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Group taking 10,315 s/f in the 20-story Midtown tower. The Mount Sinai-affiliated team of board certified orthopedic surgeons and physicians will occupy the entire 15th floor. Michael Joseph, an Executive Managing Director at Colliers International, represented ownership in the lease. Thomas Birnbaum, President of NYC Realty Advisors LLC, represented the tenant in the transaction.
Onyx Equities, LLC, completed a new, long-term lease with BPA International, a global provider of call center solutions. The company will occupy 11,330 s/f at 900 Stewart Avenue in Garden City, N.Y. BPA International chose to re-locate to the Class-A office building, jointly-owned by Onyx Equities and Davis Companies, in order to take advantage of the building’s convenient location, common-area renovations, and workforce amenities. Michael Rosenfeld, Vice President, The Rochlin Organization, represented BPA International. CBRE’s Dan Brandel, David Leviton and Robert Seidenberg represented ownership.
Aviva Investors Americas, the North American division of Aviva Investors, a global asset management subsidiary of Aviva plc, is relocating its New York office to 1177 Avenue of the Americas. The firm’s new lease of 11,645 s/f comprises the entire 44th floor of the distinctive 47-story tower located between 45th and 46th Streets. The transaction was managed by the global commercial real estate services firm, Savills Studley. Jason R. Perla and Greg B. Taubin represented Aviva Investors in the 10-year transaction, while Roger Silverstein and Joseph Artusa of Silverstein Properties, represented the landlord, Silverstein Properties, along with Frank Doyle and Benjamin Bass of Jones Lang LaSalle. As part of the transaction, the landlord will be combining two existing pre-built units to create a full-floor office space complete with a collaborative work area.
Simone Healthcare Development Group, an affiliate of Simone Development Companies, has signed a long-term lease with North Shore – LIJ Health Systems, Inc. for nearly 6,000 s/f of space, which will consist of ground floor medical offices, a patient service center and general administrative offices, at a medical condominium acquired by Simone earlier this year at the Diamond House, a residential building located at 170 East 77th Street in Manhattan. Paul Wexler of Wexler Healthcare Properties Team, a division of The Corcoran Group, was the sole broker involved in this transaction and negotiated the deal on behalf of the owner. Simone Healthcare Development will be providing a complete turn-key build-out on behalf of the tenant, and the facility is expected to be open for business during the month of November 2014.
Alfred Sanzari Enterprises has announced the completion of six transactions totaling approximately 12,000 s/f at its Court Plaza office complex in Hackensack, N.J. The deals, comprised of both new leases and renewals, reaffirm the property’s appeal as one of Bergen County’s premier Class A business addresses. The transactions include:
• Produce distributor Vision Import Group LLC has leased 3,400 s/f at Court Plaza South, relocating from River Edge, N.J. The transaction was negotiated in-house by Alfred Sanzari Enterprises. Joseph Tormen of Lee & Associates represented the tenant.
• The Knee Law Firm LLC renewed its lease for 2,560 s/f at Court Plaza South.
• Law firm Heimbuch & Solimano PC also renewed its 2,820-square-foot lease at Court Plaza South. Both transactions were negotiated in-house by Alfred Sanzari Enterprises.
• EisnerAmper LLP, a full-service accounting and advisory firm, and law firm Vosbikian & Vosbikian LLC have leased 1,370 s/f and 462 s/f, respectively, as part of the new small space program at Court Plaza South. Both transactions were negotiated in-house by Alfred Sanzari Enterprises.
• Financial advisory services firm The Senior Group renewed its 1,350 s/f lease at Court Plaza North. The transaction was negotiated in-house by Alfred Sanzari Enterprises.
Ralph Michel, Senior Vice President at Westport-based HK Group, announced the following restaurant transactions:
• Testo Hook LLC leased 1,500 s/f of restaurant/bar space located at 222 Post Road, Fairfield and opened their fourth “Off the Hook” location in CT.
• Ye’s Asian Fusion, Inc. purchased Sennen Restaurant located at 435 Main Avenue, Monroe, CT and have opened an Asian fusion restaurant specializing in sushi.
• JA3, Inc. purchased Sagi Restaurant located at 23½ Catoonah Road, Ridgefield, CT and will be opening a sports bar and grill in November. Seller was represented by Christopher Maglione and Dale Thomas of John D. Hastings.
• Nirvana LLC purchased The Grilled Cheese located at 57 Unquowa Road in Fairfield and will be opening up a second Rainbow Thai location. There is presently a Rainbow Thai located in Westport.
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. has leased 13,990 s/f at MerrittView, 383 Main Avenue, in Norwalk, CT, to RTi Research. RTi will relocate from 1351 Washington Boulevard in Stamford, CT, to the seventh floor of MerrittView. Jeffrey H. Newman, senior vice president of Empire State Realty Trust, represented the landlord in lease negotiations, along with senior leasing associate Kimberly Zaccagnino and leasing associate Tara Long. Alan Peterson and John P. Hannigan of Choyce Peterson, Inc. represented RTi.
Reckson, a Division of SL Green Realty Corp. announced that ANMAC, White Plains Lease LLC, leased 2,928 s/f at 140 Grand Street, White Plains. Gerardo Magnarelli, Houlihan Lawrence Commercial Group represented the tenant. Landlord was represented by Clark Briffel, Vice President.