Kaufman Organization announced that it signed five new leases totaling in 34,549 square feet for its Madison Square Portfolio.
The Madison Square Portfolio was originally acquired by Kaufman in 2014 and has undergone significant renovations. The properties include 13-15 West 27th Street, 45 West 27th Street, 19 West 24th Street and 119-125 West 24th Street.
The recent leases include:
· Carbyne 911, Inc., the leading innovator in public safety technology, signed a 5,702-square-foot lease on the entire second floor at 45 West 27th Street. Michael Heaner and Elliot Warren of Kaufman represented the landlord, 45 West 27 Leasehold LLC and William Landsberg of Kaufman represented the tenant.
· Verb Energy, Inc., a company that creates healthy energy products such as energy bars, signed a 5,702-square-foot sublease on the entire twelfth floor at 45 West 27th Street. Michael Heaner and Grant Greenspan of Kaufman represented the sublandlord, MarketFactory, Inc and Sebastian Infante, Jamie Katcher and Emilie Goldman of Cushman & Wakefield represented the tenant.
· Moody-Nolan, Inc., the largest African American owned and managed architecture and planning firm in the country, signed a 5,418-square-foot lease on the entire eleventh floor at 19 West 24th Street. Michael Heaner and Elliot Warren of Kaufman represented the landlord, 19 W 24 Leasehold LLC and Chase Gordan of Transwestern represented the tenant.
· Injective Labs, a research and development company focused on creating unmatched decentralized finance solutions, signed a 5,909-square-foot lease on the entire eleventhfloor at 13 West 27th Street. Michael Heaner and Elliot Warren of Kaufman represented the landlord, 13 W 27 Leasehold LLC and Steven Evans of Platinum Properties represented the tenant.
· Burrow, a furniture and home décor company known for its couch-in-a-box, signed an 11,818 square-foot lease on the entire ninth and tenth floors at 15 West 27th Street. Michael Heaner and Elliot Warren of Kaufman represented the landlord, 15 W 27 Leasehold LLC and Timothy Freydberg of CBRE Group represented the tenant.
“A recent trend we have been seeing is the attractiveness of pre-built, move-in ready spaces. These five deals showcase this trend as each company was drawn to the convenience of the space,” says Elliot Warren Senior Managing Director at Kaufman, “Our tenants were also interested in these buildings for the location in Flatiron and NoMad, one of the most resilient areas in Manhattan. The creative, lively atmosphere makes the buildings valuable and suitable for companies in a variety of industries.”