The Kaufman Organization announced that Domio, an upscale, tech-focused travel and hospitality firm, has signed a five-year, 8,000 s/f lease to expand its headquarters from 1460 Broadway to 91 Fifth Avenue. The vacation rental company is leaving a WeWork space to cement its New York presence on the full sixth floor of the Flatiron District building. Greg Albert and Jared Sternberg, both associate brokers with Kaufman, represented the tenant in the transaction. The landlord, The HRC Corporation, was represented in-house. Asking rent was in the high $60’s psf range.
GFP Real Estate announced leasing transactions totaling nearly 10,000 s/f at 209 West 38th Street. The 13-story, 160,000s/f apparel showroom building is located in the Garment Center:
• Belford, Inc. singed a five-year, 3,740 s/f loft lease. The 30-plus-year-old women’s luxury sweater manufacturer is using the space for its showroom and offices.
• The Kinetic Sales Co., Inc. signed a five-year, 2,000 s/flease for loft space that will be used to house its showroom and offices.
• Gunit Fashions, Inc. signed a 1,667 s/f loft-space lease. Gunit Fashions, which was founded in 1988, specializes in women’s dresswear;
• Swimsuit and bodysuit designer Alix Nicole inked a 1,685 s/f lease for its NYC showrooms.
New Street Realty Advisors announced a new lease at 76 Madison Avenue. Smile Pop Sm, a new venture by Courtney Schiefelbein, DMD, specializes in cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics. The group has leased 800 s/f of retail space on the East 28th Street side of the mixed-use building. Matthew Gorman, Joshua Gettler and Christopher Bruggers represented the landlord and landlord, LF/76 Madison Realty LLC and handled negotiations directly with the tenant.
The Kempner Corporation announced that HomeGoods will open a new Mount Kisco store on the site of Party City and the former Annie Sez on Main Street. The discount home furnishings chain store has signed a 25,000 s/f lease at 3 Main Street, near the Mt. Kisco train station. Peter Kempner, principal, said the Kempner Corporation plans to renovate the building with a new façade, store front, roof, building systems and parking lot. Dan Zelson of Charter Realty represented Home Goods and Rick Stassa of Royal Properties represented the landlord, The Kempner Corporation.
Denholtz Associates has signed leases with 15 companies for 39,987 s/f of office space tin the Oak Tree Business Center at 900-910 Oak Tree Road in South Plainfield, N.J. Jaime Zimmel of Zimmel Associates represented Denholtz Associates in the transactions.
The most recent leases included:
• Bluestone Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hatzel & Buehler, Inc. that provides telecommunications installation and maintenance, leased 7,425 s/f;
• Continental Fire & Safety Services, LLC, a fire, safety and suppression equipment and services provider, renewed its lease for 7,275 s/f.
Denholtz Associates announced three industrial/flex lease renewals at the Northampton Business Park at 1545-1575 Route 37 West in Toms River, N.J. Lease renewals include Design Alternatives, Inc. for 3,200 s/f, KT’s Office Services, LLC. for 1,275s/f and Wheel Traders, LLC for 4,500 s/f. Nick Pistolakis of Lakis Commercial Realty represented Denholtz Associates in the transactions.
Denholtz Associates announced two office lease renewals with Diedre Moire Corporation, Inc. for 4,290 s/f and Lakeview Child Center, Inc. for 8,896 s/f at 500 Horizon Drive in the Horizon Center in Hamilton, N.J. Acquired earlier this year from Mack-Cali, the Horizon Center portfolio consists of several office/flex properties including six buildings and two development sites, totaling 236,284 s/f. Stephen Tolkach and Robert Loderstedt of Newmark Real Estate of Princeton LLC represented Denholtz Associates in both transactions.
Alfred Sanzari Enterprises announced the completion of two lease transactions totaling 7,300 s/f at Glenpointe Centre East in Teaneck, N.J. Located at 300 Frank W. Burr Blvd., Glenpointe Centre East is part of the landmark mixed-used Glenpointe complex:
• CB Alliance relocated its New York City headquarters to 4,600 s/f of office space at the business campus. The private equity and operating firm’s global portfolio consist of investments in high tech, alternative energy and real estate. The transaction was negotiated by Cushman & Wakefield and Jerry L. Barta, Alfred Sanzari Enterprises’ director of leasing and marketing.
• FriedLam Partners, which purchases and manages multifamily properties throughout the East Coast, has leased 2,700 s/f of space, relocating from within Bergen County. JLL and Barta arranged the transaction.
Three new medical office tenants have leased space at Gabrellian Associates’ new mixed-use building at 794 Franklin Ave., announced Jeffrey A. Prezant, senior director of Cushman & Wakefield’s Healthcare Practice Group in East Rutherford , who represented the landlord.
• Metro Eye Care will open its second Bergen County location at 794 Franklin Avenue.
• Ramsey Sport and Spine will expand with a second regional location at the property;
• Bergen Oral Surgery is relocating one of its offices to the building.
James Costanzo, president of Charity Realty International, announced that Groome Industrial Service Group, Inc. along with subsidiary Groome Door & Mechanical Systems, both specialty service contracting companies, will be relocating their corporate offices, warehousing and training facilities to a free standing 22,000 s/f facility at 22 Audrey Place in Fairfield. The professionally managed facility has drive-in and tailboard loading, 22 ft. clear ceilings, on an over-sized lot. The property is owned by Salvatore Frassetto. As a result of the transaction, Charity Realty International presented a grant in the amount of $6,000 divided between the following charitable organizations: Habitat for Humanity (Paterson), The Land Conservancy of New Jersey (Boonton), Cornerstone Family Programs (Morristown) and Homes for Our Troops, a veteran’s charity that provides custom-built, mortgage-free homes to severely wounded heroes.
CBRE announced that the National Kidney Registry (NKR), a non-profit dedicated to saving and improving the lives of people facing kidney failure, has leased 4,000 s/f of office space at 75 Holly Hill Lane in Greenwich. The new lease represents a relocation and expansion for the National Kidney Registry to the top floor of the three-story, 105,000 s/f medical office building later this year. The CBRE team of Rob Crane and Steven Greenbush represented the owner of the property, Benedict Realty Group (BRG). CBRE’s Joseph Weaver acted on behalf of NKR in the deal. Since acquiring the property in 2017, Benedict Realty Group has made significant upgrades, including an expansion of the parking lot.
Choyce Peterson announced the completion of a lease renewal on behalf of Akademos, Inc. for 6,276 s/f of space at 200 Connecticut Avenue in Norwalk. Adam Cognetta, Vice President, represented Akademos. The company had plans to redesign their space to accommodate employee growth in the coming years. Cognetta negotiated a generous concession package with the landlord to fund all work. David Allen, Vice President, Asset Management of The Davis Companies, was the in-house representative for the landlord.