Kalmon Dolgin Affiliates (KDA) has arranged a new, 7,500 s/f lease for Mikkeller NYC, a microbrewery, at 51-40 58th Place in the Woodside section of Queens, NY. Mikkeller is a collaborative microbrewery founded in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2006. It was recently announced that Mikkeller NYC would open a 10,000 s/f, 20-barrel brewhouse and restaurant with 60 taps at CitiField. This would be the brewer’s first connection to a sporting venue. Neil Dolgin and Grant Dolgin of KDA represented the landlord, RHK Associates, LLC, while Daniel Rodriguez Sains of Buchbinder & Warren Realty Group, LLC represented the tenant, Mikkeller NYC. Mikkeller NYC will use the space at 51-40 58TH Place as a beer distribution warehouse, storing its bottles and ingredients.
RFR Realty LLC announced four recently signed transactions totaling over 23,000 S/F at 17 State Street, a 42-story, 570,696-square-foot office tower that is a defining part of Downtown Manhattan’s skyline. RFR’s Director of Leasing AJ Camhi and Vice President of Leasing Ryan Silverman, along with Jones Lang LaSalle’s John Wheeler and Clayton Kline, represented the landlord in each of the deals.
• Dubai-based financial institution Mashreqbank signed a new 10-year lease for 8,727 S/F on half of a tower floor. The tenant, which has provided banking and financial services to millions of customers and businesses since 1967, is one of UAE’s leading financial institutions with a growing retail presence in the region including Egypt, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain. Mashregbank also has 12 overseas offices in nine countries, including Europe, the U.S., Asia and Africa. Dan Organ of Cushman & Wakefield acted on behalf of the tenant in the transaction.
•London-based M Three Consulting took a 4,812 S/F space customized to its specifications by RFR. The company, which was launched in 2010, provides IT and financial markets consultancy services worldwide. Dan Levine and Brittany Silver of Newmark Knight Frank represented the tenant.
•Law firm Torgan, Cooper & Aaron signed a 10-year, 6,443 S/F lease renewal on one of the top floors of the building. The tenant, which is highly acclaimed both within and outside of the legal community, has been in the building since 2007. Rob Lowe and Evan Algier of Cushman & Wakefield acted on behalf of Torgan, Cooper & Aaron.
• Granger Management Holdings, LLC, which offers financial planning, investment management and consulting services, renewed its 3,263 S/F. The tenant has been in the building for five years. Whitten Morris of Newmark Knight Frank represented Granger Management in the transaction.
In a transaction arranged by Michael Schoen, Harrison Katzman and Sam Saffman of The Schoen Group at Savitt Partners, JG Neukomm Architecture has committed to a 4,000 s/f office lease at 62 William Street. JG Neukomm will house its headquarters at the nine-story boutique office building in the Financial District. The asking rent at 62 William Street was $37 per square-foot. The property also serves as JG Neukomm’s own museum, as public sculptures by Isamu Noguchi, Jeanne Dubuffet, and Mark di Suvero are all within view. The Schoen Group at Savitt Partners team represented JG Neukomm in the 10-year lease transaction. Sam Frankel and Morris Frankel acted on behalf of the ownership, BMS Realty Associates Inc. JG Neukomm Architecture is a world renowned architectural and interior design firm specializing in high-profile luxury residential, commercial, and retail projects. The firm’s impressive clientele includes Calvin Klein, The Gotham Organization, Baron & Baron, and Frame Denim.
Schuckman Realty’s Kenneth Schuckman and Matt Colantonio closed a long-term 3,500 s/f retail lease at the Mobil Building at 150 East 42nd Street with DeJaneiro Stores, a women’s clothing chain with numerous locations around Manhattan. The store will occupies 2,100 square feet on the ground floor and 1,400 square feet on the “lower level” of the building. Asking rent was $225 per square foot. The prior tenant was a pop-up clothing store.
T. Weiss Realty Corp. announced that it has signed leases that will bring two new businesses to Melville, Long Island.
• Westcor Land Title Insurance Co. leased 2,531 s/f at the firm’s Melville Corporate Center I,105 Maxess Road, Melville. Westcor, a title insurer based in Maitland, Fla., will take occupancy on Nov. 1. The company, which currently has offices in New York City and White Plains, was represented in lease negotiations by Richard Freel of CBRE; T. Weiss president Craig Weiss represented the landlord in-house.
• T. Weiss also signed a lease with Dane Street LLC, one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S., for 4,250 s/f at Melville Corporate Center II, 330 S. Service Road. Dane Street, an independent medical review examiner based in Boston, Mass., will move its New York and New Jersey Independent Medical Examination Operations Center from Huntington on Oct. 1. Dane Street negotiated directly with the landlord, which was represented in-house by Craig Weiss. The Dane Street deal brings the 85,000-square-foot building to 100 percent occupancy.
Savitt Partners, on behalf of the ownership, announced new leases at two Midtown West office properties. The Savitt Partners team of Brian Neugeboren, Nicole Goetz, Elliot Zelinger and Bob Savitt oversee office leasing at 234 West 39th Street and 142 West 36th Street, and negotiated the new transactions in conjunction with Alan Bernstein of Waterman Interests.
• At 234 West 39th Street, Savitt Partners negotiated an 8,229S/F new lease transaction with Sunlight Financial, a consumer finance company focused on clean energy. Sunlight Financial will occupy an entire seventh floor pre-built suite. Seth Hecht of Cushman & Wakefield acted on behalf of Sunlight Financial.
• At 142 West 36th Street, Savitt Partners arranged for an expansion of Becca Cosmetics’ tenancy. Becca was acquired by the Estee Lauder Companies in late 2016, and the company’s business plan necessitated a need for additional office and design space. Previously occupying 6,132 s/f of office space on the 15th floor of the building, Becca expanded its presence at the property by an additional 6,146 s/f on the 14th floor. Tom Sullivan and David Danick of Coldwell Banker Commercial represented Becca in the transaction.
Healthcare provider Adjust Chiropractic Health Center has leased 1,600 square feet at West Orange Plaza in West Orange, announced Levin Management Corporation (LMC), exclusive leasing and managing agent. LMC Leasing Representative E.J. Moawad arranged the long-term lease on behalf of the property; Jeff Hallberg of Lee & Associates represented the tenant. Located at the intersection of Eagle Rock and Prospect avenues near I-280, West Orange Plaza is anchored by Whole Foods and Kmart. One, 1,570 s/f retail space remains available at West Orange Plaza.
Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) completed three new retail leases at 159-165 Rowayton Avenue in Rowayton, Connecticut. Executive Managing Director Patricia Valenti and Senior Managing Director Jackie Pinyan-Durels represented property owners A. Ruth & Sons Real Estate Company in the transactions, totaling 5,418 s/f.
• Residential real estate firm Berkshire Hathaway, a Warren Buffet company, is relocating its local office into a 948 s/fspace before the end of the year.
• Melissa Graham Furniture, an interior design company with one-of-a-kind pieces and artwork now occupies a 970 s/f space to showcase its collection, and;
• An antiques and lifestyle accessories boutique established itself with the largest lease at 3,500 s/f.