Kalmon Dolgin Affiliates, Inc. (KDA) has arranged a 3,700 s/f lease for the Brooklyn showroom of Maxx LLC at 41 Gardner Avenue in the East Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. Vincent Lopez and Jacques Wadler of KDA represented the tenant, while the landlord, Levy Realty, self-represented. Maxx LLC, a new business specializing in apartment furnishings, will use the showroom and warehouse space for tiles, bathroom fixtures and other luxury items for designers, developers and new homeowners.
Egan Design Studio, also known as CarolEgan Interiors, signed a 1,568 s/f lease at 210 11th Avenue to remain at its office in New York City. The interior design firm, which is led by Carol Egan, one of the world’s leading interior designers, has been located at the Chelsea building since 2011 and opted to renew its lease long term. Egan has designed luxury residences, hotels and offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. Audrey Novoa and Joseph LaRosa of ABS Partners Real Estate represented both the tenant and the landlord, Onbar LLC., in the transaction. Asking rent in the deal was $55 per square foot.
Adams & Co. recently brokered three deals at 10 East 40th Street, 1370 Broadway and 551 Madison Avenue:
• The Daten Group signed a 2,75 s/f new lease at 10 East 40th Street for seven years on the 33rd floor of the building. Jeff Buslik and Seth Godnick represented the tenant, while Joseph P. Day Realty Corp represented the landlord, Ronbet 40th Street, LLC. Daten Group, a real estate development company, will use the space for its offices.
• R3 CEV, LLC signed a 4,479 s/f new lease at 1370 Broadway, for five years on the 10th floor of the building. Brett Maslin represented the tenant, while Staci Goodman and Courtney Adham of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank represented the landlord. R3 CEV is an innovation firm within the financial services community and will use the space for its offices.
• Rothchild Capital Partners signed a 3,412 s/f new lease at 551 Madison Avenue. The term of the lease is four years on the 12th floor. Brett Maslin and Brad Cohn represented the tenant, while James Frederick of Cushman & Wakefield represented the landlord. The innovation and investment company will use the space for its New York offices.
The Kaufman Organization secured a five-year lease totaling 5,909 s/f for satirical men’s lifestyle blog, Barstool Sports, within its Madison Square Portfolio at 15 West 27th Street (15W27). Having recently secured a $15 million investment, former Boston-based Barstool Sports turned to Kaufman’s Midtown South building for its new headquarters in New York City (NYC). Barstool Sports will occupy the full third-floor space at 15W27, and is turning the space into something that can be compared to TMZ’s live-streaming newsroom. Their expected occupancy date is May 2016. Kaufman’s Michael Heaner and Elliot Warren represented the landlord, 13 W 27 Leasehold LLC and Jeff Sharon of ABS Partners Real Estate represented Barstool Sports. Asking rent for the space was $65-per-square-foot. The roster of tenants at 15W27 includes Fernando Romero Enterprise (FR-EE) an architecture and design firm and Pondicheri, a Texas-based restaurant that specializes in modern Indian cuisine.
The Delphine Real Estate Advisory Group announced that Queens/Brooklyn discount store owner Fofanah Inc. has signed a 20-year NNN lease to occupy 5,500 s/f of retail space at 202-11 Hollis Avenue in Saint Albans, Queens, after a 10-year vacancy. Marc Francis, President and CEO of The Delphine Group represented building ownership as well as the tenant.
The Kaufman Organization secured three deals totaling 11,023 s/f at The Nelson Tower located at 450 Seventh Avenue. Asking rents were in the high $50’s range per-square-foot for each transition:
• The Juice Shop, a New York City based smoothie and juice bar, signed a five-year, 1,200 s/g lease for office space. The chain is expanding and is opening its fifth and sixth retail locations in NYC. Kaufman’s Elliot Warren represented the tenant; Steve Kaufman, Barbara Raskob and Yvonne Chang represented the landlord, 450 7th Ave. Associates, LLC.
• Blue Print Research Group, a healthcare consulting firm recently signed a five-year, 7,689 s/f lease. Barbara Raskob also represented the landlord.
• KBB Partners, an insurance services company, signed on for a five-year, 2,134 s/f space. Barbara Raskob and Yvonne Chang secured the transaction on behalf of the landlord; Elissa Patterson of EJMB Commercial represented the tenant.
Delmhorst & Sheehan, Inc. announced that it represented Integra Realty Resources, a real estate valuation and consulting firms, in a sublease to Digitalis Ventures, LLC of 3,456 s/f on the 15th floor of 11 Times Square. Digitalis Ventures, a venture capital firm, was represented by Emily Jones and Craig Reicher of CBRE, Inc. John E. Sheehan of Delmhorst & Sheehan, Inc. represented Integra Realty Resources.
Matrix Development Group announced more than 50,000 s/fof leasing activity at One Riverfront Plaza in Newark, NJ. The building, also known the Legal Center, is now 90 percent leased. The leasing activity includes:
• LeClairRyan, an entrepreneurial law firm that provides business counsel and client representation for corporate law and high-stakes litigation, renewed their lease at the building. Colliers International’s Bryn Cinque and Jim Bailey brokered the lease.
• Goldberg Segella, a New York-based litigation firm, has opened a new office in Newark after a series of new hires. Newmark Knight Frank’s Hope Brodsky and Kyle Ciminelli brokered the lease.
• National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak), a passenger railroad service, signed a new lease at the building. Edward Duenas, Connor Daugstrup and Justin Royce of Cushman & Wakefield brokered the lease.
Kemper System America, Inc. is relocating its New York metro sales office to the top floor of Heights Plaza in Hasbrouck Heights, N.J. from Closter, N.J. The 200,000 s/f office building, located at 777 Terrace Ave., is owned and managed by Hackensack-based Alfred Sanzari Enterprises. Kemper System has been a global leader in cold, liquid-applied, reinforced roofing and waterproofing technology for over 50 years, having invented the technology and holding the first patents. Stephen C. Jennings, Alfred Sanzari Enterprises’ vice president of leasing and marketing, made the announcement.