ATCO Properties & Management announced the following leases at 630 Third Avenue:
• True North, Inc., a digital advertising and media agency, has extended its 8,286 s/f lease on a portion of the 12th and 16th floors for another two years. ATCO was represented in-house by General Counsel and Director of Leasing Paola Shaddow. Asking rents were $59 per square foot.
• Sard Verbinnen & Co., a global strategic communications firm, completed a 5,829 s/f expansion on a portion of the 22nd floor, which brought its overall presence to 50,415 s/f in building.
• Media provider CableScope signed a 4,844 s/f lease renewal on the 18th floor for a four-year term.
Cumming, an international project management and cost consulting firm, has expanded into a 6,000 s/f space at RFR’s 275 Madison Avenue. JLL’s Jim Wenk represented the firm in the five year lease with the option to take the space next door in a year, which would give Cumming the entire floor should the additional space be needed.
Boost Mobile is moving to Harlem’s 125th Street main corridor with a new 600 s/f storefront at 271 West 125th Street. The cell phone company, a division of SPRINT, has some 13 stores scattered throughout the city along with others in New Rochelle and Yonkers. This is their third store in Harlem, according to Giscombe Realty broker Holley Drakeford, who represented Boost Mobile and the landlord, the United House of Prayer. The seven-year lease, which Includes one-month free rent, is priced at $150 per square foot or $7,500-a-month.
KBS Real Estate Investment Trust II (KBS REIT II) announced a series of leases have been completed at Park Avenue at Morris County in Florham Park, N.J. Jeffrey Heller and William McCaffrey, of Avison Young, represented KBS REIT II in each of the following leasing transactions:
• Strategy and business solutions consulting firm Logical Design Solutions, Inc. (LDS) has signed a new 20,681 s/f lease at the office park’s 100 Campus building.
•Law firm Greenburg Traurig, LLP, an existing tenant, expanded its lease by 4,300 s/f for a total of 51,342 s/f.
Clarion Partners and Marcus Partners announced that a combined 77,572 s/f in leases was signed at Merritt 7 Corporate Park, the six-building, 1.4 million square foot Class–A office park in Norwalk. In each transaction the landlord was represented by JoAnn Brennan-McGrath of Marcus Partners and Tom Pajolek, Ned Burns, Steve Greenbush, and Bob Caruso of CBRE.
• Millward Brown, experts in advertising, marketing communications, media, digital and brand equity research, leased an additional 13,397 s/f on the fourth floor of Building 401, bringing the firm’s total square footage to 64,175 s/f. The new deal was inked for a nine-year lease term. Colin Reilly of CBRE represented Millward Brown in this transaction.
• HEI Hotels & Resorts extended its lease for 18,578 s/fon the first floor of Building 101. The onsite hospitality service company has been a tenant at Merritt 7 since 2004. No outside real estate brokerage was used in the negotiations.
Colliers International has arranged a long-term, 8,056 s/f lease on behalf of Ryan Ryan Deluca LLP, with the insurance and business-related litigation firm taking a portion of the sixth floor of CityPlace II in downtown Hartford. Madison Realties LLC recently acquired the 292,000-square-foot asset with plans to upgrade the property’s common areas and bathrooms. Jeff Williams, executive managing director at Colliers International, along with associate Hollis Pugh and Hartford office principal Phil Gagnon represented the tenant in the transaction. Joel Grieco, of Cushman & Wakefield, represented the landlord in the transaction.