Joseph P. Day Realty Corp. announced that Kochman Lebowitz & Mogil, MD, LLP signed a 20-year lease for 10,175 s/f of space at 1301 Avenue J in Brooklyn. Craig S. Berman, senior vice president, and Michael Gasparino Jr. of Joseph P. Day Realty Corp. represented the tenant. The landlord, 1301 Avenue J LLC, was represented in-house.
The Kaufman Organization (Kaufman) and Goldman Sachs Asset Management Private Real Estate (Goldman Sachs) announced that Code Climate, a platform that monitors the health of user’s code and improves code quality, has selected 155 West 23rd Street as its New York headquarters. The firm, which will be housed across a full-floor 6,933 s/f pre-built space on the fifth floor, will be moving into its space immediately. Kaufman and its ownership partners, Goldman Sachs, have transformed 155 West 23rd Street into a destination office building, and with leasing partners, Cushman & Wakefield, have been able to attract two firms to the property within the last two months. Cushman & Wakefield’s Jamie Katcher, Douglas Regal and Sebastian Infante served as leasing agents and represented Kaufman and Goldman Sachs in the transaction. Asking rent was in the high-$60’s-per-square-foot and expected occupancy is Summer 2017.
RFR announced a 3,568 s/f lease agreement with Manhattan Schoolhouse pre-school and daycare at 1456 First Avenue, a luxury condominium. Manhattan Schoolhouse is New York City’s Reggio Emilia-inspired school for children three months to five years of age. Jordan S. Claffey, Executive Vice President of RFR Retail, provided in-house landlord representation. Fritz Kemerling and Peter Lyons of Dartmouth Company also represented the landlord, while Julie Friedman Realty acted on behalf of the tenant.
Simone Development Companies has announced signing two new leases totaling approximately 9,500 s/f of medical space at the Boyce Thompson Center, a mixed-use center located in Northeast Yonkers.
• ColumbiaDoctors, a multi-specialty medical practice affiliated with Columbia University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, has signed a long-term lease for 6,839 s/f of space on the second floor for physician offices primarily for cardiology and other medical subspecialties. Maureen O’Boyle and Gerard Lees of Cushman and Wakefield represented ColumbiaDoctors.
• Riverside Dental Health PC has leased 2,621 s/f on the lower level. The dental practice is moving from another location in Yonkers.
Levin Management Corporation (LMC) announced the following leases:
• A 4,400 s/f lease with Cherrybrook Premium Pet Supplies at Warren Plaza in Washington. LMC is exclusive leasing and managing agent for the 61,000 s/f Warren County shopping center. LMC Leasing Representative Jordan Korris negotiated the lease, with William Ray from Lee & Associates serving as the tenant’s broker in the transaction.
• Cheeburger Cheeburger – the 1950s-style burger restaurant franchise known for its made-to-order burgers, French fries and onion rings – has leased approximately 3,400 s/f at Aldrich Plaza in Howell. The announcement was made by Levin Management Corporation (LMC), exclusive leasing and managing agent for the 99,000 s/f retail center. Cheeburger Cheeburger is relocating to Aldrich Plaza from a nearby location, according to Kyle Farley, LMC’s senior leasing representative, who negotiated the lease. LMC is marketing a 10,000 s/f proposed pad site at Aldrich Plaza.
Four law firms and one accounting firm have renewed leases totaling approximately 5,240 s/f at Court Plaza in Hackensack, N.J., according to Alfred Sanzari Enterprises, owner and manager of the Class A office complex. All five tenants are part of Court Plaza’s small space program, which provides flexible term, turnkey office suites for smaller legal and professional services firms. The transactions, negotiated in-house by Stephen C. Jennings, vice president of leasing and marketing, include:
• The law office of Lorraine Teleky-Petrella has renewed its 1,480 s/f lease at Court Plaza North. The firm focuses on environmental and family law among other practice areas.
•EisnerAmper LLP, a leading full-service accounting and advisory firm, renewed its lease for 1,370 s/f at Court Plaza South.
• Law firm Cowen & Jacobs renewed its lease for 1,245 s/f at Court Plaza South. The firm’s practice areas include divorce and family law, personal injury and employment law, among others.
• Family and matrimonial law firm of Townsend, Tomaio & Newmark LLC, renewed its lease for 680 s/f at Court Plaza South. Headquartered in Morristown, the firm’s satellite office is located at Court Plaza.
• Law firm Vosbikian & Vosbikian LLC, which focuses its practice on immigration law, renewed its 460 s/f lease at Court Plaza South.
Sitar Realty Company, Iselin, New Jersey announced the following real estate lease transactions:
• The lease of 47,000 s/f of industrial space at 200 Helen Street, South Plainfield from Nakash 200 Helen Street LLC to Bath & Kitchen Distributors Corp. and ESF Trading, Inc. Bill Sitar Jr. and Thomas Monte were the brokers.
• 36,000 s/f of retail space at 5325 Route 9 North, Howell from AAM Mills, LLC to LA Fitness and the lease of 1,300 s/f at the same property to JSS Supplements. Giorgio Vasilis was the broker.
• The lease of 11,000 ss/f of office space at 1941 Holland Brook Road, Branchburg from 1941 Holland Brook, LLC to Kingdom Kidz Academy of Branchburg, LLC. Robert Bogash and Joseph Allegro were the brokers.
• Two retail leases at 520 Route 9 North, Manalapan from Bleach Associates to NJ Golf Lounge, LLC d/b/a Gym Marlboro for 5,500 s/f and to Baga Bar, LLC for 1,450 s/f Joseph Allegro and Doug Sitar were the brokers.
• The lease of 4,852 sq. ft. of office space at 4345 Pond Road, Freehold from Stavola Corporation to Sunrise Detox II, LLC. Joseph Allegro was the salesperson in this transaction.
• The lease of 2 acres of land at 44 Irvine Turner Boulevard, Newark from 44 Irvine Turner Boulevard, LLC to Public Service Electric & Gas Company. Bill Sitar Jr. was the broker.
• 3,610 s/fof retail space at 1770 Hooper Avenue, Toms River from Hooper Partners, LLC to Hot Tub Control, LLC. Giorgio Vasilis was the broker in this transaction.
• 3,000 s/f of office space at 315 Route 34, Suite 137, Colts Neck from Colts Towne Plaza to Cruz Construction. Joseph Allegro and Doug Sitar were the brokers.
• The lease of 2,520 s/f of industrial space at 5033 Industrial Road, Wall Township from K & S Industries to Signs by the Sea, LLC. Robert JanTausch brokered the lease.
Transwestern announced that New Jersey Squash Club has leased space at a New Jersey industrial/flex property. The squash training facility will occupy 5,000 s/f at 11 Princess Road, one of four buildings that constitute Princeton South at Lawrenceville. Transwestern Managing Director Jeffrey Furey and Senior Associate Alex Motiuk facilitated the deal on behalf of both New Jersey Squash Club and the property’s owner, TMC Properties LLC.